Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to append in the beginning not at the end? Post 302918525 by pilnet101 on Wednesday 24th of September 2014 01:58:57 AM
Old 09-24-2014
Have you tried using the forum's search functionality?

Just doing a quick search myself I can see numerous results which relate to this question.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat a file from end to beginning

Is there an option, for cat, head, tail, or is there any way, to display a file from last line to first? For example, my file looks like this: aaaa bbbb cccc eeee and I would like to print or display it like this: eeee cccc bbbb aaaa thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append (cat) to beginning of file ?

Hi, Fairly new to unix scripting, hoping to get some help. using AIX v5 Basically I have 3 files 1). Header record 2). many detail record 3). Trailer record My desired result is 1 file which contains Heaeder, Detail, Trailer Currenty I am using a series of: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBZ
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append to beginning of a file

Hi, I have a file x which is being upated continuously. I want to add file y in the file x but at the beginning of file x. file x file y After commands file x eeee aaaa aaaa gggg bbbb bbbb hhhh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comma and next rows beginning from the end

Hello friends, I have a file which consists of many rows, I use a couple of commands to convert it so i can use in a database query for filtering. I need the first columns (msisdns) in a row, seperated with commas, 9855162267,4,5,2010-11-03 17:02:07.627 9594567938f,5,5,2010-11-02... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable texts to the beginning of each line in all files in a directory

I am writing a code to append some numbers in the beginning of each line in all the files present in a directory. The number of files are really huge. The files are numbered as 1.sco, 2.sco, 4.sco (Note: 3.sco is missing). The files currently look like this: 1.sco 2 3 5 6 6 7My task is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append file name to the beginning of each line

I want to append file names at the beginning of a line for each row file content abc.txt.gz 123|654|987 bcd.txt.gz 876|trf|kjh I want a single output file with below format abc.txt.gz|123|654|987 bcd.txt.gz|876|trf|kjh This one is working but only with unzip files,need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Multiple files with file name in the beginning of line

Hi, I have multiple files having many lines like as bvelow: file Name a.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 file Name b.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 I would like to append files in the below format to a new file: file Name c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing hyphen from beginning and end of a word only.

It is very simple to remove a hyphen from a word anywhere in that word using a simple sed command (sed -i 's/-//g' filename), but I am not able to figure out how to do this: For example, apple -orange tree pipe- banana-shake dupe- What my output should look like: apple orange tree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append data to the content at the beginning of a variable?

Hi Guys, IF i have to append data to a variable, i simply use the following. What can i do to append data to the beginning? VAR+="data" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
6 Replies
search.h(3HEAD) 						      Headers							   search.h(3HEAD)

NAME
search.h, search - search tables SYNOPSIS
#include <search.h> DESCRIPTION
The <search.h> header defines the ENTRY type for structure entry, which includes the following members: char *key void *data and defines ACTION and VISIT as enumeration data types through type definitions as follows: enum { FIND, ENTER } ACTION; enum { preorder, postorder, endorder, leaf } VISIT; The size_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hsearch(3C), insque(3C), lsearch(3C), tsearch(3C), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 search.h(3HEAD)