Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse qshape output and send email alert Post 302918376 by zorrox on Tuesday 23rd of September 2014 04:42:31 AM
Old 09-23-2014
Parse qshape output and send email alert

Hi

I need help to do this. This is the output of qshape:
Code:
user$ qshape deferred|head

T  5 10 20 40 80 160 320 640 1280 1280+
                                  TOTAL  0  0  0  0  0  0   0   0   0    0     0

T stands for minutes elapsed and TOTAL is the total number of emails in queue.

How can I make the system to check the number of total emails under minute 20 and send me email alert if the total is more than 1000 emails?

Can you also propose me a simple email script to work with this?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help? Any method to send system alert email?

Dear All, I am a newer of Unix Administrator. I would like to know any way to make Unix syslog critical error send automatically to me by email. Then I don't need to check it manually and frequency everyday. Any suggestion? Thanks for all your kindly help. Jacky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITJacky
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse the file and send email

Hi Experts, I am writing a script in which i want to parse the file and send the emails to some email-id's. The problem is like this-- I use to get some emails on saturday and sunday's but we do not work on these days. So what i want to do is forward those emails to some email id's. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to send alert by email whenever failed login

Hi, I want to write a script to send alert by email whenever any failed login to the AIX. Can anyone tell how to do that? Thanks! Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send an email of script output

Hi All, I'm trying to send some file which generated by script to my email. when I run the script I'm getting an email. Thats fine. But it seems to be all messed up like below Memory Status on ServerA: Mem: 3867444k total, 862680k used, 3004764k free, 54456k buffers!! CPU Status on ServerA:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Stop status from the output of script and send an eamil alert.

Hello Team, I have script which gives below output. Server clustServer11 is in a STARTED state Server clustServer12 is in a STOPPED state Server clustServer21 is in a STOPPED state I would like to prepare script which will grep stop word from the above output and send an email alert. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send output of a command as an email

Hello Unix Experts! We are on AIX 6.1 TL6 I am trying to develop a script that does the following: It should send the output of "df -g /directory/folder" command as an email to a user(someone@company.com) This is too simple and i can research on how to do it, but it would be great if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email if Output is available

hello can anyone debug these lines cd /usr/local/scripts ./build update ./build versions | grep available if then mail -s "update for server `hostname`" $EMAIL else echo -e "$YELLOW No update $RESET" fi echo "Please press a key - Back to main menu . . ." ; read but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to execute 2 times and send an email alert

After the successful start of server, it should check the status again, if it is not running ,it should go through the loop for 2 times. Even after two times of execution if still the server is not running it should send an alert email. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomas9192
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)