Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to save sorted content of a inside the same file? Post 302918359 by gull04 on Tuesday 23rd of September 2014 03:57:37 AM
Old 09-23-2014
Hi,

You should use;

Code:
sort < Test > sorted.txt

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep content of files sorted by time stamp

egrep Date: *.html > out.htm I would like to grep the match as sorted by time stamp of the html files. how do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zer0
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Content of /var/sadm/pkc/<pkg>/save directory

Hi, What are the contents of /var/sadm/pkg/<pkg>/save directory. - It contains various patches with their id's. What does the "pspool" directory inside it contain? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add string inside the file's content

Hi, How to add string inside the file. In this case adding 63 in the beginning of each line. Thnks. e.g. what is inside the file Mobile Number Portability 9051151234 9051261345 9051393245 9051412345 9051507654 should like this as output: Mobile Number Portability (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output to file - inside a script ?

I'm using the following script to check cisco router health and I'd like to save output to a file, vty_runcmd.sh > /check/check-cisco-health script works and output is saved to a file. However using it in crontab file is created but output is not printed inside it. In crontab, */5 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - delete content inside square brackets under conditions

I have the file sed1.txt and I need to strip the brackets (]) and content inside them only when I have two or three letters followed by a colon. for example,it may be any letter, not just abc ] ] #-- cat sed1.txt 1 ] FISICA 2 ]PORTUGUES 3 ] ]MATEMATICA 4 ]]INGLES ] 5 ]QUIMICA 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete content inside tags multiline

I need that a certain part of the content below excluded ==Image Gallery== followed by <gallery> and the content until </gallery> test SED1 ==Image Gallery== <gallery> Image:car1.jpg| Car 1<sup>1</sup> Imagem: car2.jpg| Car2<sup>2</sup> </gallery> test SED2 ==Image... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : split file and rename and save in path according to content

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 ; sed, awk and gnuwin32 are installed. I have a big text file I need to manipulate. In short, I will have to split it in thousands of short files, then rename and save in a folder which name is based upon filename. Here is a snippet of my big input.txt file (this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellig
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace content from a file and save

Hi, Right now there is a file called 'qm.ini' which is owned by mqm:mqm and I am trying to replace a line from this file with something else and save. I am using the below perl command to replace and save within a shell script with a different user called 'mqadm' which is also part of mqm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdpl
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get script to create a new file that lists folder content sorted by size?

I have a script that sorts and processes unsorted files to newly created directories. Its working great, but I am trying to understand the leanest method to get the script to create an additional file within each newly created directory that: Contains a list of all files in the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)