Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to deliver an error message from script? Post 302918353 by fretagi on Tuesday 23rd of September 2014 03:27:53 AM
Old 09-23-2014
How to deliver an error message from script?

Hi

I have a script that pick up a file on another server, and place it on a solaris server, but I came across the following error:
Code:
mget HLR01_21092014? 200 Port command successful
150 Opening data channel for file transfer.
HLR01_21092014: No space left on device
426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.
221 Goodbye

How could change my script to notify a user that there was an issue.
My script is as follows:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/sh

cd /moneta_polled01/pre_hlr

HOST=10.100.48.47
USER=hlr_dump
PASSWD=dump123

/usr/bin/ftp -nv $HOST <<EOF
user $USER $PASSWD
#cd Ordens
binary
mget *HLR*
bye
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with script and syntax error message

Hi I have the following script and have problem debugging the problems. The function of this script is to make sure the entire file is being received (the filesize of a data is not changing after 20 seconds) and start moving the file to another directory. This script should be started every 30mins.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReV
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while executing the shell script

Hi All, When I am trying to execute the below shell script I got this error message. script ========== #!/bin/bash /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_10/bin/java - classpath /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar/: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/jarfiles:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyaduwanshi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in shell script

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nightly job error message when trying to execute script

Hello All, I am getting the following error message when trying to execute the following script. AWK=/usr/bin/awk TR=/usr/bin/tr SED=/usr/bin/sed CAT=/usr/bin/cat MAILFILE=/home//nightly_jobs.tmp mailto=xxx@gmail.com Nigh_Status = `db2 "select TYPE from ETL.LOCK where STATUS <> 0 and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Self referencing script error message

Hello again all. I have a user editable script that I'd like to have point out the user error to. Problem is I'm having troubles getting an echoed error message to give me the line. Here's what I'm trying to do. grep -n $loc /this/script.sh where '$loc' is the argument passed to the script.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Script don't deliver mails

Hi, i've got a problem with a sendmail script, which sends HTML mails. Some mail will rejected by the mail server, because the fqdn doesn't exist. Where can i set the sender-domainname by sendmail? My mail server say: "Sender address rejected: Domain not found;", which is correct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbowwarrior
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script returning an error message on exiting

Hi, I am writing a script in which I am using an IF-Else statement. Code sample: # Check for the product. If (test "$3" = "Pet") Then Product_Code="PI" elif (test "$3" = "Breakdown") Then Product_Code="RI" elif (test "$3" = "Travel") Then Product_Code="TI" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

Greeting!! I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message. I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
cmannotifyd(8)						     CMAN Notification Daemon						    cmannotifyd(8)

NAME
cmannotifyd - CMAN Notification Daemon SYNOPSIS
cmannotifyd [-f] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The cmannotifyd daemon talks to CMAN and provides a mechanism to notify external entities about cluster changes. CMAN dispatches 3 kind of notifications: - CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN when cman requests to all clients if it is allowed to shutdown. - CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE when cman detects a node joining or leaving the cluster. - CMAN_REASON_CONFIG_UPDATE when a configuration change event has been detected/requested. These notifications are then dispatched to the shell script cman_notify in the environment variable CMAN_NOTIFICATION. cman_notify will then execute all the scripts in the configured notification directory (default: /etc/cluster/cman-notify.d) passing a very minimal set of envvars including, of course, the CMAN_NOTIFICATION= type. The execution order is set by the filename as shown by "LC_ALL=C ls -las". cmannotifyd logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cmannotifyd.log). cman_notify logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cman_notify.log). By default the output from the scripts executed by cman_notify is redirected to /dev/null. Users can either set CMAN_NOTIFICATION_DEBUG=1 in their environment or set proper debug configura- tion in cluster.conf to redirect scripts output to the cman_notify log file. NOTES
cmannotifyd does not block on cman_notify nor check the exit status of the script. Notifications are dispatched in the same order as they arrive, one by one. CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN is passed to scripts for information only, they can not influence cman's decsion about whether or not to shut down. CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE also implies CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM exported in the environment. CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM will be set to 1 (when the node is part of a quorate cluster) or 0 (otherwise). A template for cman_notify scripts can be found in the doc/ directory. OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork / daemonize). -d Enable debug output. November 2008 cmannotifyd(8)