Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching two files per column Post 302918283 by blackrageous on Monday 22nd of September 2014 03:43:37 PM
Old 09-22-2014
I sometimes will use a RAM disk in an effort to speed up scripts where I have to process each line a number of times.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching 2 files based on one column

Hi, On a similar subject, the following. I have two files: file1.txt dbSNP_rsID,Chromosome,Position,Gene rs10399749,chr. 01,45162,? rs4030303,chr. 01,72434,? rs4030300,chr. 01,72515,? rs940550,chr. 01,78032,? rs13328714,chr. 01,81468,? rs11490937,chr. 01,222077,? rs6683466,chr.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swvanderlaan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join 3 or more files using matching column

Dear Forum, Full title of the topic would be: "Join 3 or more files using matching column without full list in any of these columns" I have several, typically 3 or 4 files which I need to join, something like FULL JOIN in slq scripts, all combinations of matches should be printed into an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyz700
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with matching column 1 value, retain only the one with highest value in column 2

I have a file like: I would like to find lines lines with duplicate values in column 1, and retain only one based on two conditions: 1) keep line with highest value in column 3, 2) if column 3 values are equal, retain the line with the highest value in column 4. Desired output: I was able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two or more fields from two different files where there is non matching column?

Hi, Please excuse for often requesting queries and making R&D, I am trying to work out a possibility where i have two files field separated by pipe and another file containing only one field where there is no matching columns, Could you please advise how to merge two files. $more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and matching column entries in 2 files and

I have 2 files. File 1 has more columns (6 columns but the last column has spaces) than file 2 (file 2 has 4 columns). The entries in file 1 do not change but column 4 in file 2 can be different from the the entry in file 1. I want to create a script that reads in file 1 and then uses column 1 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column then append to existing File as new column

Good evening I have the below requirements, as I am not an experts in Linux/Unix and am looking for your ideas how I can do this. I have file called file1 and file2. I need to get the second column which is text1_random_alphabets and find that in file 2, if it's exists then print the 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate column values when header is Matching from multiple files

there can be n number of columns but the number of columns and header name will remain same in all 3 files. Files are tab Delimited. a.txt Name 9/1 9/2 X 1 7 y 2 8 z 3 9 a 4 10 b 5 11 c 6 12 b.xt Name 9/1 9/2 X 13 19 y 14 20 z 15 21 a 16 22 b 17 23 c 18 24 c.txt Name 9/1 9/2... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nina2910
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing same column from two files, printing whole row with matching values

First I'd like to apologize if I opened a thread which is already open somewhere. I did a bit of searching but could quite find what I was looking for, so I will try to explaing what I need. I'm writing a script on our server, got to a point where I have two files with results. Example: File1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitabrev83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column value from 2 different file using awk and append value from different column

Hi, I have 2 csv files. a.csv HUAWEI,20LMG011_DEKET_1296_RTN-980_IDU-1-11-ISV3-1(to LAMONGAN_M),East_Java,20LMG011_DEKET_1296_RTN-980_IDU-1,20LMG011,20LMG 027_1287_LAMONGAN_RTN980_IDU1,20LMG027,1+1(HSB),195.675,20LMG011-20LMG027,99.9995,202.6952012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Matching column search in two files

Hi, I have a tab delimited file1: NC_013499.1 3180 3269 GQ342961.1 NC_030295.1 5925 6014 FN398100.2 NC_007915.1 6307 6396 KU529284.1 NC_013499.1 5033 5122 GQ342961.1 And a second file2: NC_030295.1 RefSeq gene 136 5115 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibk
6 Replies
IONICE(1)							   User Commands							 IONICE(1)

NAME
ionice - set or get process I/O scheduling class and priority SYNOPSIS
ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] -p PID... ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
This program sets or gets the I/O scheduling class and priority for a program. If no arguments or just -p is given, ionice will query the current I/O scheduling class and priority for that process. When command is given, ionice will run this command with the given arguments. If no class is specified, then command will be executed with the "best-effort" scheduling class. The default priority level is 4. As of this writing, a process can be in one of three scheduling classes: Idle A program running with idle I/O priority will only get disk time when no other program has asked for disk I/O for a defined grace period. The impact of an idle I/O process on normal system activity should be zero. This scheduling class does not take a priority argument. Presently, this scheduling class is permitted for an ordinary user (since kernel 2.6.25). Best-effort This is the effective scheduling class for any process that has not asked for a specific I/O priority. This class takes a priority argument from 0-7, with a lower number being higher priority. Programs running at the same best-effort priority are served in a round-robin fashion. Note that before kernel 2.6.26 a process that has not asked for an I/O priority formally uses "none" as scheduling class, but the I/O scheduler will treat such processes as if it were in the best-effort class. The priority within the best-effort class will be dynamically derived from the CPU nice level of the process: io_priority = (cpu_nice + 20) / 5. For kernels after 2.6.26 with the CFQ I/O scheduler, a process that has not asked for an I/O priority inherits its CPU scheduling class. The I/O priority is derived from the CPU nice level of the process (same as before kernel 2.6.26). Realtime The RT scheduling class is given first access to the disk, regardless of what else is going on in the system. Thus the RT class needs to be used with some care, as it can starve other processes. As with the best-effort class, 8 priority levels are defined denoting how big a time slice a given process will receive on each scheduling window. This scheduling class is not permitted for an ordinary (i.e., non-root) user. OPTIONS
-c, --class class Specify the name or number of the scheduling class to use; 0 for none, 1 for realtime, 2 for best-effort, 3 for idle. -n, --classdata level Specify the scheduling class data. This only has an effect if the class accepts an argument. For realtime and best-effort, 0-7 are valid data (priority levels). -p, --pid PID... Specify the process IDs of running processes for which to get or set the scheduling parameters. -t, --ignore Ignore failure to set the requested priority. If command was specified, run it even in case it was not possible to set the desired scheduling priority, which can happen due to insufficient privileges or an old kernel version. -h, --help Display help and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXAMPLES
# ionice -c 3 -p 89 Sets process with PID 89 as an idle I/O process. # ionice -c 2 -n 0 bash Runs 'bash' as a best-effort program with highest priority. # ionice -p 89 91 Prints the class and priority of the processes with PID 89 and 91. NOTES
Linux supports I/O scheduling priorities and classes since 2.6.13 with the CFQ I/O scheduler. AUTHORS
Jens Axboe <jens@axboe.dk> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The ionice command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 IONICE(1)