Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Attachment readablity using mailx command Post 302918194 by whizkidash on Monday 22nd of September 2014 09:35:35 AM
Old 09-22-2014
Hi Gul,

When i try with your below provided commands it goes into iterations, i.e it does not comes out of the loop.

Code:
mailx -a /tmp/attachment.log -s "Todays logs $(date)" <my_email_id.com>

Hi Srini,

I tried doing with the uuencode command earlier but its not working.

it gives me the below msg:
-bash: uuencode: command not found

Regards
Whizkid

Last edited by vbe; 09-22-2014 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: code in between code tags! next time will be the good one...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mailx command when sending attachment.

Hi, I have tried to sent a mail with body and attachment. But the shell script got hanging while executing that command. The command is "(cat body;uuencode att1.csv)|mailx -s "Production Monitoring Report(Unix Side)" milton.yesusundaram@patni.com" where body is a file having a single line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Mailx command to send mail with attachment

Hi, I am using mailx command to send a mail with attachment. It's working fine, but with attachment I am getting one extra attachment like (ATT00131.txt). I have tried to use unix2dos command also. But still I am getting the extra attachment. I am using the following code: subject="temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanatharv
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an attachment as an attachment to mailx

I don't want the attachment embedded in the mail. I would like a file attached. When I do mailx -s "Report, `date +'%D %r` " -r "Notifications" bob@bob.com < /usr/local/bin/myreport.log> /dev/null It gets embedded in my email. I want a file attachment. How do I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

mailx with attachment

Hi, When i used below command, i am able to send mail mailx -s "Testing mail working or not " babu.sudhakar@ymail.com" but if i want send attachment with mail,which syntax i need to follow to send a file as attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to send .csv file as an attachment using mailx command.

want to send .csv file as an attachment using mailx command. Please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gagandeep
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - mailx - attachment - via script/command

Hi I am trying to send an email using mailx with an attachment but without using uuencode. as per man page we can use -a option. I tried below command mailx -s "test" -a "/home/test/1.txt" "abc@gmail.com" but it waits for more input and i had to press ControlD which in turns print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to send attachment file

Hi, I need to send a attachment which has space in the file name as: "ABC Data Extract.txt" which is present in the location /home/projects/txt i am using /home/projects/scripts mailx -s "Sub" email_id "/home/projects/txt/ABC Data Extract.txt" but i am not getting the attachment. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AT00003.bin attachment is received from mailx command.

Hi Team, I am sending a mail from Linux box as shown below. cat sample.log | mailx -s "Testing" abc.com But instead of receiving the content of sample.log in the mail i got an attachment with name AT00001.bin. After looking into the contents of log file i found that there are some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to send attachment using mailx command

I am unable to send email with attachment using the mailx command. Without the attachment, the email goes through file. This is the command I use. Works : $ echo "Test" | mailx -s "Test" username@website.com Fails : $echo "Test" | mailx -a all-dss-accounts.txt -s "Test"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkarthik_mnnit
3 Replies
uuencode(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       uuencode(4)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by consist of a header line followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The command ignores any lines preceding the header or following the trailer (see uuencode(1)). Lines preceding a header must not look like a header. The header line consists of the word followed by a space, a mode (in octal), another space, and a string which specifies the name of the remote file. The body consists of a number of lines, each containing 62 or fewer characters (including trailing new-line). These lines consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, which represents an integer. This integer is the number of bytes in the rest of the line, and always ranges from 0 to 63. The byte count can be determined by subtracting the equivalent octal value of an ASCII space charac- ter (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printable. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra meaningless data will be included, if necessary, to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of the word on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
mail(1), uuencode(1), uucp(1). uuencode(4)