Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Custom-Spin doesnt boot to GUI when /etc/skel is changed Post 302918181 by gull04 on Monday 22nd of September 2014 08:59:04 AM
Old 09-22-2014
Hi,

The fact that you hace several command/file not found messages indicates that the most likely issue is a PATH variable problem.

Check and make sure that the PATH variable is properly set.

Rwegards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to create a custom GUI

In Unix, is there any way in which I can create a GUI like Realplayer? I mean the Windows Look & Feel. Borded with buttons, windows, dialogs and other predefined widgets, I am wondering how to create my own buttons that come in different shapes and fashions or even draw images/control objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirosima
2 Replies

2. AIX

has bosboot command changed characteristics of boot image?

hi all i just found one of my p650 server showing a warning message when i tried to run bosboot command after upgrading TL to AIX 530803. i also tried to run chpv -c hdisk0 and chpv -c hdisk1 to clear out the old boot info in hdisk0 and hdisk1 and rerun bosboot -a. it still showed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom kernel compiling, won't boot, and errors.

First of all, I'd like to preface this post by relaying that I have considerable experience with FreeBSD but I'm a Linux newb. I've been attempting to compile linux-2.6.29.3 from source and I'm having some problems and have a few newb questions... a) First of all, my kernel won't boot, it fails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urbanriot
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Boot Sequence changed After Image Restore

Hello All, I backed up my RHEL 4 as an image. Then I restored the image on my machine. Everything went fine but I dont get the normal boot sequence as it used to come when I freshly installed RHEL4. The messages that are shown when the system boots are something like- " ..... EXT3-fs:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Boot Messages changed after mondorestore

Hello All, I backed up my RHEL 4 as an image. Then I restored the image (by mondorestore) on my machine. Everything went fine but I dont get the normal boot sequence as it used to come when I freshly installed RHEL4. The messages that are shown when the system boots are something like- "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
13 Replies

6. Solaris

Create a custom CD boot

I'm doing as the official document of the SUN : www.sun.com/blueprints/1205/819-3731.pdf Who on page 15 / 18, asks to be executed the following command: 3.Combine mboot and pboot into a single file called mboot+pboot.cd. # dd if=/dev/dsk/c1t1d0p0 of=mboot+pboot.cd bs=512 count=2 I try... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
6 Replies

7. Linux

ArchLinux - GUI (DE) set to boot up

Okay I'am not using ArchLinux but one of girlfreinds needs it (or it recommend by her work) and she need a desktop - so how do we do so the computer boot up with GUI instead of console ? - I'am a newbie to Arch so I have no idea, is it like SlackWare where you change the inittab file or is it some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: looop
10 Replies

8. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios widgets to create custom GUI

Hi, I need to create a custom GUI for Nagios, as follows: - no logo - including monitoring info (network status overview, host/service details & status) as well as some network google map I'm looking for Nagios widgets that can be easily integrated in our HTML page. Can you suggest if there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHK
0 Replies
SYSTEM-CONFIG-KICKSTART(8)				      Kickstart Configurator					SYSTEM-CONFIG-KICKSTART(8)

NAME
system-config-kickstart - graphical interface for creating kickstart files SYNOPSIS
system-config-kickstart [KSFILE] DESCRIPTION
system-config-kickstart provides a simple method of creating a kickstart file that can be used to automate the installation process on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, and derived distributions. If given, the program will take its initial settings from the KSFILE provided on the command line. This allows editing of existing kick- start files. Currently, this program has some serious limitations. For example, it cannot work with LVM nor do advanced RAID and BTRFS configurations. These are supported by kickstart, but the graphical program does not provide a way to set them up nor manipulate them in existing kickstart files. OPTIONS
--help Print out program usage. --generate FILENAME Examine the system and create a kickstart file that more or less matches, writing the output to FILENAME. --display DISPLAY# Specify the X display to use. EXAMPLES
To run the program type: system-config-kickstart REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. AUTHORS
Chris Lumens <clumens@redhat.com> Brent Fox <bfox@redhat.com> Tammy Fox <tfox@redhat.com> Linux Fri 26 June 2013 SYSTEM-CONFIG-KICKSTART(8)