Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Custom-Spin doesnt boot to GUI when /etc/skel is changed Post 302918181 by gull04 on Monday 22nd of September 2014 08:59:04 AM
Old 09-22-2014
Hi,

The fact that you hace several command/file not found messages indicates that the most likely issue is a PATH variable problem.

Check and make sure that the PATH variable is properly set.

Rwegards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to create a custom GUI

In Unix, is there any way in which I can create a GUI like Realplayer? I mean the Windows Look & Feel. Borded with buttons, windows, dialogs and other predefined widgets, I am wondering how to create my own buttons that come in different shapes and fashions or even draw images/control objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirosima
2 Replies

2. AIX

has bosboot command changed characteristics of boot image?

hi all i just found one of my p650 server showing a warning message when i tried to run bosboot command after upgrading TL to AIX 530803. i also tried to run chpv -c hdisk0 and chpv -c hdisk1 to clear out the old boot info in hdisk0 and hdisk1 and rerun bosboot -a. it still showed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom kernel compiling, won't boot, and errors.

First of all, I'd like to preface this post by relaying that I have considerable experience with FreeBSD but I'm a Linux newb. I've been attempting to compile linux-2.6.29.3 from source and I'm having some problems and have a few newb questions... a) First of all, my kernel won't boot, it fails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urbanriot
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Boot Sequence changed After Image Restore

Hello All, I backed up my RHEL 4 as an image. Then I restored the image on my machine. Everything went fine but I dont get the normal boot sequence as it used to come when I freshly installed RHEL4. The messages that are shown when the system boots are something like- " ..... EXT3-fs:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Boot Messages changed after mondorestore

Hello All, I backed up my RHEL 4 as an image. Then I restored the image (by mondorestore) on my machine. Everything went fine but I dont get the normal boot sequence as it used to come when I freshly installed RHEL4. The messages that are shown when the system boots are something like- "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
13 Replies

6. Solaris

Create a custom CD boot

I'm doing as the official document of the SUN : www.sun.com/blueprints/1205/819-3731.pdf Who on page 15 / 18, asks to be executed the following command: 3.Combine mboot and pboot into a single file called mboot+pboot.cd. # dd if=/dev/dsk/c1t1d0p0 of=mboot+pboot.cd bs=512 count=2 I try... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
6 Replies

7. Linux

ArchLinux - GUI (DE) set to boot up

Okay I'am not using ArchLinux but one of girlfreinds needs it (or it recommend by her work) and she need a desktop - so how do we do so the computer boot up with GUI instead of console ? - I'am a newbie to Arch so I have no idea, is it like SlackWare where you change the inittab file or is it some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: looop
10 Replies

8. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios widgets to create custom GUI

Hi, I need to create a custom GUI for Nagios, as follows: - no logo - including monitoring info (network status overview, host/service details & status) as well as some network google map I'm looking for Nagios widgets that can be easily integrated in our HTML page. Can you suggest if there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHK
0 Replies
Env(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  Env(3pm)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Env(3pm)