Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display calendar in correct format using shell script Post 302918137 by vbe on Monday 22nd of September 2014 04:58:28 AM
Old 09-22-2014
$(..) is the syntax that replaced ` command something ` the result is the execution of the code between the braces..
For the quotes and double quotes its best you experience with them and you tell us what you understood: e.g.
Code:
n12:/home/vbe/wks/test $ TITI=01
n12:/home/vbe/wks/test $ echo "$TITI"
n12:/home/vbe/wks/test $ echo '$TITI' 
$TITI

So?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl. Here is the Perl pseudocode: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz correct my syntax of shell script

Dear all I am still bit new in shell script area.I am writing down a shell script which I guess somewhere wrong so please kindly correct it. I would be greatful for that. What I actually want from this shell script is that it will move all the files one by one to another server which can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the correct alignment in a textfile to a mail using shell script?

Hi All, Can any one solve this prob. Im sending a textfile content as a mail body while sending a mail using shell script. But, that textfile content is a unic command output. So, in mail, im not getting the correct alignment as in textfile. What may be the reason behind this. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to display lines in a file in a particular format

I have a bunch of files in various folders. I want to go through each of them and display certain lines in a particular format All files have a similar format Date: Time: User: Message: Miscellaneous: (and some other stuff)I want to display to only the "Date:", "Time:" "User:" lines in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiegal01
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check the mail ids in the correct format or not

Hi Folks, I have few mailids in a text file and need to check whether the mailid is in correct format or not. If just to check whether the string is a mailid or not there is a perl module Email::Valid to do the business or we can implement our own logic. But the mail_ids I am having is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct shell script to Call One shell script from another shell script

Hi All, I have new for shell scripting. Problem : I have one scrip at serv1 and path of server is /apps/dev/provimage/scripts and script name:extract_ancillary.bat. I need to call this script at server2(my working server) and execute at server2 . Please let me know how to build the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vineeta Nigam
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to correct the data

Hi, I have below data in my flat file.I would like to remove the quotes and comma necessary from the data.Below is the details I would like to have in my output. Could anybody help me providing the Unix shell script for this. Input : ABC,ABC,10/15/2012,"47,936,164.567 ","1,036,997.453... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not in correct format - cd script

I have a script that looks like this: dirname2=/usr/tmp/filelist/*/* for dirname2 in /tmp/filelist/*/*; do (cd $dirname2/catalog ||echo "file does not exist" && echo "$dirname2" |cut -d '/' -f 7,8 && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5} END { print "Total number of kb " SUM }');done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies
CALENDAR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CALENDAR(1)

NAME
calendar - reminder service SYNOPSIS
calendar [ - ] DESCRIPTION
Calendar consults the file `calendar' in the current directory and prints out lines that contain today's or tomorrow's date anywhere in the line. Most reasonable month-day dates such as `Dec. 7,' `december 7,' `12/7,' etc., are recognized, but not `7 December' or `7/12'. On weekends `tomorrow' extends through Monday. When an argument is present, calendar does its job for every user who has a file `calendar' in his login directory and sends him any posi- tive results by mail(1). Normally this is done daily in the wee hours under control of cron(8). FILES
calendar /usr/lib/calendar to figure out today's and tomorrow's dates /etc/passwd /tmp/cal* egrep, sed, mail subprocesses SEE ALSO
at(1), cron(8), mail(1) BUGS
Your calendar must be public information for you to get reminder service. Calendar's extended idea of `tomorrow' doesn't account for holidays. CALENDAR(1)