Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2 Post 302918086 by sarshads on Sunday 21st of September 2014 07:56:12 AM
Old 09-21-2014
Ubuntu Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi,

I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows.

I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1.

Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2.

First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then how to copy and restores image.

Thanks.

Best Regards
Arhsad

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

image src to raid5 sco open server

Hi all! I am in need of some advice. I have a sco open server with NO redundancy. I am exploring different ways of trying to backup everything. Either to an image (ghost) or tape. Only problem is I dont know how. Using ghost in windows is pretty straight forward, but not know much about unix I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dlucas313
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Image copy (Clone)

Hi all, I need to perform a physical copy of a DIGITAL(HP) Server machine: is it possibe to do this in order to have an exact copy ( a clone to intend of)to another machine: including also the configuration files and the network configuration of the previous machine?. Someone said me I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cicalons
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ERROR: Copy of CD image failed

Hi I tried to boot as single-user mode on my sunfire t1000 to change my root password since the guy has left the company without give us the root password. anyhow since this machine not have attached with cd/dvd/usb so the only think that to do it through Jumpstart now i tried to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmishal
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Taking an image or clone of Red Hat server

Dear All , We have a linux Server where we have installed all our Softwares and applications. Now we want to clone this Server to another server or copy the image of it and put it in the another server.So that all the softwares and apps appear in the new server also , rather than re... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies
xfs_mdrestore(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  xfs_mdrestore(8)

NAME
xfs_mdrestore - restores an XFS metadump image to a filesystem image SYNOPSIS
xfs_mdrestore [ -g ] source target xfs_mdrestore -V DESCRIPTION
xfs_mdrestore is a debugging tool that restores a metadata image generated by xfs_metadump(8) to a filesystem. The source argument speci- fies the location of the metadump image and the target argument specifies the destination for the filesystem image. If the source is -, then the metadata image is read from stdin. This allows the output of be another program such as a compression application to be redirected to xfs_mdrestore. The target can be either a file or a device. xfs_mdrestore should not be used to restore metadata onto an existing filesystem unless you are completely certain the target can be destroyed. OPTIONS
-g Shows restore progress on stdout. -V Prints the version number and exits. DIAGNOSTICS
xfs_mdrestore returns an exit code of 0 if all the metadata is successfully restored or 1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
xfs_metadump(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5) BUGS
Email bug reports to xfs@oss.sgi.com. xfs_mdrestore(8)