Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding duplicate files in two base directories Post 302917921 by anand.shah on Friday 19th of September 2014 08:09:39 AM
Old 09-19-2014
Finding duplicate files in two base directories

Hello All,
I have got some assignment to complete till this Monday and problem statement is as follow :-

Code:
Problem :- Find duplicate files (especially .c and .cpp) from two project base directories with following requirement :- 
1.Should be extendable to search in multiple base project directories
2.Must use STL container 
3.Should be portable to be used on Linux and Windows   
4.In advance search it should also look for contents of the file.

While surfing on net came across Boost::FileSystem which is portable on both OS.
Friends please provide me some inputs on this.
Thank you very much in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding executable files in all directories

This is probably very easy but I would like to know a way to list all my files in all my directories that are readable and executable to everyone. I was told to use find or ls and I tried some stuff but couldnt get it to work. I understand that its dangerous to have files with these permissions for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate directories

Hi, I have file which users like filename ->"readfile", following entries peter john alaska abcd xyz and i have directory /var/ i want to do first cat of "readfile" line by line and first read peter in variable and also cross check with /var/ how many directories are avaialble... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding largest files (not directories)?

hello all. i would like to be able to find the names of all files on a remote machine using ssh. i only want the names of files, not directories so far i'm stuck at "du -a | sort -n" also, is it possible to write them to a file on my machine? i know how to write it to a file on that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user19190989
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Duplicate files

How do you delete and and find duplicate files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jicom4
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Finding the Files In the Same Name Directories

Hi, In the Unix Box, I have a situation, where there is folder name called "Projects" and in that i have 20 Folders S1,S2,S3...S20. In each of the Folders S1,S2,S3,...S20 , there is a same name folder named "MP". So Now, I want to get all the files in all the "MP" Folders and write all those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding matches between multiple files from different directories

Hi all... Can somebody pls help me with this... I have a directory (dir1) which has many subdirectories(vr001,vr002,vr003..) with each subdir containing similar text file(say ras.txt). I have another directory(dir2) which has again got some subdir(vr001c,vr002c,vr003c..) with each subdir... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramya07
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding non-existing words in a list of files in a directory and its sub-directories

Hi All, I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma). Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories. Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files deep in directories

i need to find a portable way to go through multiple directories to find a file. I've trid something like this: find /opt/oracle/diag/*/alert_HH2.log -printordinarily, i can run the ls command and it will find it: /opt/oracle/diag/*/*/*/*/alert_HH2.log The problem with this approach is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
File::Find::Rule::VCS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				File::Find::Rule::VCS(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::VCS - Exclude files/directories for Version Control Systems SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule (); use File::Find::Rule::VCS (); # Find all files smaller than 10k, ignoring version control files my @files = File::Find::Rule->ignore_vcs ->file ->size('<10Ki') ->in( $dir ); DESCRIPTION
Many tools need to be equally useful both on ordinary files, and on code that has been checked out from revision control systems. File::Find::Rule::VCS provides quick and convenient methods to exclude the version control directories of several major Version Control Systems (currently CVS, subversion, and Bazaar). File::Find::Rule::VCS implements methods to ignore the following: CVS Subversion Bazaar In addition, the following version control systems do not create directories in the checkout and do not require the use of any ignore methods SVK Git METHODS
ignore_vcs # Ignore all common version control systems $find->ignore_vcs; # Ignore a specific named version control systems $find->ignore_vcs($name); # Ignore nothing (silent pass-through) $find->ignore_vcs(''); The "ignore_vcs" method excludes the files for a named Version Control System from your File::Find::Rule search. If passed, the name of the version control system is case in-sensitive. Names currently supported are 'cvs', 'svn', 'subversion', 'bzr', and 'bazaar'. As a convenience for high-level APIs, if the VCS name is the defined null string '' then the call will be treated as a nullop. If no params at all are passed, this method will ignore all supported version control systems. If ignoring every version control system, please note that any legitimate directories called "CVS" or files starting with .# will be ignored, which is not always desirable. In widely-distributed code, you instead should try to detect the specific version control system used and call ignore_vcs with the specific name. Passing "undef", or an unsupported name, will throw an exception. ignore_cvs The "ignore_cvs" method excluding all CVS directories from your File::Find::Rule search. It will also exclude all the files left around by CVS after an automated merge that start with '.#' (dot-hash). ignore_rcs The "ignore_rcs" method excluding all RCS directories from your File::Find::Rule search. It will also exclude all the files used by RCS to store the revisions (end with ',v'). ignore_svn The "ignore_svn" method excluding all Subversion (".svn") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. ignore_bzr The "ignore_bzr" method excluding all Bazaar (".bzr") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. ignore_git The "ignore_git" method excluding all Git (".git") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. ignore_hg The "ignore_hg" method excluding all Mercurial/Hg (".hg") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. TO DO
- Add support for other version control systems. - Add other useful VCS-related methods SUPPORT
Bugs should always be submitted via the CPAN bug tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=File-Find-Rule-VCS> For other issues, contact the maintainer AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
<http://ali.as/>, File::Find::Rule COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2010-10-06 File::Find::Rule::VCS(3pm)