Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How isolated are AIX WPARs?
Operating Systems AIX How isolated are AIX WPARs? Post 302917920 by bakunin on Friday 19th of September 2014 08:04:46 AM
Old 09-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish51392111
(The user had them procured without consulting us). So, we are setting up 2 WPARs on it.
I see. You have my pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish51392111
So, in any situation, would there be any compiler conflict between two WPARs running on the same base server?
No, i don't think so. In fact, if i were you, i would be more concerned about license issues than about software conflicts. Many software vendors do not accomodate well to virtualisation issues and most of them try to get you license the whole (physical) machine when you use the software in one partition (this is what most issues boil down to).

We had such an issue only recently with SAP and IBM (we use DB/2 under SAP) and ended up having to set up IBMs ITLM on one of our systems. Believe me, you don't want that. ;-))

I hope this helps.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isolated installations on a network location

Hi, I'm looking to have certain packages installed on a location on my network(lets call this mount point /software) in such a way that they can run needing anything from the local system. So that when any of my users does /software/bin/vlc or /software/bin/open-office or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhgupta2u
0 Replies

3. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

4. AIX

Using sar to get CPU utilization for WPARs

Based on the documentation (Help - AIX 6.1 Information Center), I should be able to get the CPU utilization on a WPAR. But when I ran sar on the LPAR, I don't see the -@ option: Usage: sar { -A | } ]] ]] | ALL] ] ] I'm on AIX 6.1. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PPPP
0 Replies

5. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

6. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
uwx_get_module_info(3X) 												   uwx_get_module_info(3X)

NAME
uwx_get_module_info() - return load module information for current context SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is part of the Unwind Express Library for Integrity systems; see uwx(3X). returns the name and text segment base address of the load mod- ule that contains the IP (instruction pointer) of the current unwind context. Parameters env A pointer to an unwind environment object. modp Pointer to a variable of type char * where the module name will be returned. The returned module name is allocated within the unwind environment, and the pointer is valid only until the next call to either or If NULL, the module name will not be returned. text_base Pointer to a variable of type uint64_t where the text segment base address for the load module will be returned. If NULL, the base address will not be returned. RETURN VALUE
returns on success. See uwx(3X) for error codes. AUTHOR
The Unwind Express Library was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
uwx(3X), uwx_add_to_bsp(3X), uwx_find_source_info(3X), uwx_find_symbol(3X), uwx_free(3X), uwx_get_abi_context_code(3X), uwx_get_func- start(3X), uwx_get_nat(3X), uwx_get_reg(3X), uwx_get_source_info(3X), uwx_get_sym_info(3X), uwx_init(3X), uwx_init_context(3X), uwx_regis- ter_alloc_cb(3X), uwx_register_callbacks(3X), uwx_release_symbol_cache(3X), uwx_self_do_context_frame(3X), uwx_self_free_info(3X), uwx_self_init_context(3X), uwx_self_init_info(3X), uwx_set_nofr(3X), uwx_set_remote(3X), uwx_step(3X), uwx_step_inline(3X). Integrity Systems Only uwx_get_module_info(3X)