Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting files using UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting files using UNIX Post 302917901 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 19th of September 2014 07:06:20 AM
Old 09-19-2014
Hello dj,

It was a little mess with place of else. Following may help.

Code:
if [ "$LINKTRIGGER" != "" ]
then
 if [ ! -f ${LANDINGDIR}/${LINKTRIGGER}.* ]; then
  log_err "Trigger File ${LINKTRIGGER} does not exist!"
 else
  log_msg "Deleting the Linktrigger"
  rm -v ${LANDINGDIR}/${LINKTRIGGER}.*
 fi
 if [ ! -f ${LANDINGDIR}/${TRGFILE}.* ]; then
  log_err "Trigger File ${TRGFILE} does not exist!"
  echo nofile
 else
  log_msg "Deleting the individual trigger"
  rm -v ${LANDINGDIR}/${TRGFILE}.*
 fi 
fi

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 09-19-2014 at 08:27 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting Unix files from DOS

I have a DOS script on Windows NT that uses FTP to connect to a Unix server and to copy files to the WinNT. So far, so good. Now I want to delete those files on Unix afterwards but I'm unable to delete all files in the directory. How can I delete all the files on Unix from where i did ftp all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidireporting
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files

Hi, I've to delete certain files older than X days from a Maintenance server. I'm doing this using find . -name lds\* -mtime $X \ -exec ls -l {} \; find . -name lds\* -mtime $X \ -exec rm -fR {} \; As well as I've to delete the files from another FTP server which are again older than X... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: livetaurean19
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Deleting files

OK, Easy question probably, I have a directory that is full of like 1000 files. I want to get rid of files more than 5 days old. Is there an easy way to do this? there are like 800 files that fit into this category so doing it manually would be a pain. Any help is appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem deleting multiple files using rm in UNIX

I'm baffled..... the system I work on creates files every Mon-Friday I'm trying to delete all files older than 30 days old from a Unix prompt, the command I'm using is: find /directory/ -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; however it returns /directory/filename: 644 mode ? (y/n) for every file! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bquattrone
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi I have an AIX server. I'm planning to use the below script to remove 60 days older files. find /path/ -mtime +60 -exec rm -f {} \; I just want to make sure it will only remove the files. I don't want the directories to be removed. If in case it will delete the directories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies
SoPathSensor(3) 						       Coin							   SoPathSensor(3)

NAME
SoPathSensor - The SoPathSensor class detects changes to paths. If you need to know when a path changes (i.e. nodes in the path has been removed, or new nodes is added), use this sensor to get a notification. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/sensors/SoPathSensor.h> Inherits SoDataSensor. Public Types enum TriggerFilter { PATH = 0x1, NODES = 0x2, PATH_AND_NODES = 0x3 } Public Member Functions SoPathSensor (void) SoPathSensor (SoSensorCB *func, void *data) virtual ~SoPathSensor (void) void setTriggerFilter (const TriggerFilter type) TriggerFilter getTriggerFilter (void) const void attach (SoPath *path) void detach (void) SoPath * getAttachedPath (void) const Protected Member Functions virtual void notify (SoNotList *l) Detailed Description The SoPathSensor class detects changes to paths. If you need to know when a path changes (i.e. nodes in the path has been removed, or new nodes is added), use this sensor to get a notification. You can also use this sensor to detect when some node in the path is changed. An SoPathSensor can also act for delete-callback purposes alone and does not need a regular notification-based callback. The delete callback will be invoked for when the SoPath instance is deleted, not for anything you would be monitoring in a path. Member Enumeration Documentation enum SoPathSensor::TriggerFilter Trigger filter, which decides if the sensor should trigger on path changes, changes on nodes in the path, or both. Enumerator: PATH Trigger on path changes only. NODES Trigger on node changes only. This can be nodes in the path, or nodes affecting the nodes in the path (nodes that updates the state and are left of the node in the path). PATH_AND_NODES Trigger on both path changes and node changes. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SoPathSensor::SoPathSensor (void) Default constructor. Use setFunction() to set up a callback function later. SoPathSensor::SoPathSensor (SoSensorCB *func, void *data) Constructor taking as parameters the sensor callback function and the userdata which will be passed the callback. See also: setFunction(), setData() SoPathSensor::~SoPathSensor (void) [virtual] Destructor. Member Function Documentation void SoPathSensor::setTriggerFilter (const TriggerFilterfilter) Set the TriggerFilter for this sensor. The default is PATH_AND_NODES. Since: Coin 2.0 SoPathSensor::TriggerFilter SoPathSensor::getTriggerFilter (void) const Return the TriggerFilter for this sensor. Since: Coin 2.0 void SoPathSensor::attach (SoPath *path) Attach sensor to a path. Whenever the path changes, the sensor will be triggered and call the callback function. When the SoPath instance is deleted, the sensor will automatically be detached. See also: detach() void SoPathSensor::detach (void) Detach sensor from path. As long as an SoPathSensor is detached, it will never invoke its callback function. See also: attach() SoPath * SoPathSensor::getAttachedPath (void) const Returns a pointer to the path connected to the sensor. See also: attach(), detach() void SoPathSensor::notify (SoNotList *l) [protected], [virtual] Called from entity we are monitoring when it changes. If this is an immediate sensor, the field and node (if any) causing the change will be stored and can be fetched by getTriggerField() and getTriggerNode(). If the triggerpath flag has been set, the path down to the node is also found and stored for later retrieval by getTriggerPath(). See also: setTriggerPathFlag() Reimplemented from SoDataSensor. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SoPathSensor(3)