Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Service checking through shell script Post 302917864 by kannansoft1985 on Friday 19th of September 2014 02:43:50 AM
Old 09-19-2014
Excellent, It Superbly works ,
Please explain the above steps in ifcondition.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Files with a Shell Script

Hey everyone, I'm writing a shell script that needs to loop thru a directory and check a defined type of files(.df). I use "checkfile.x" which is a compiled program to check those files. Sintaxis : checkfile.x DatefileName.df The program displays something like this: File: kanswer.df -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Testing_Yorsh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regularly checking with shell script

Hi, I am new in scripting and also in Linux. I wrote my first script recently. I have an external hdd connected to my debian machine. I am spinning it down using a spindown code (code.google.com/p/spindown/)when I am not using it ( automatically after 1 hour). The problem was I wanted to know when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspedisca
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of service

HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FOR BELOW QUESTION CHECKING AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE IN LINUX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking to see if a service is running in a shell script

How can I tell, in a shell script, if a certain service is running? I know how to do this on the command line, but not in a script. Is an error thrown somehow that I can check? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for service

Hi, I want to add an application as a service in Linux(Fedora 12). It should be run always for monitoring my system. It never terminate unless kill it. I wrote this script, put it on /etc/init.d/myapp and added it to run level 2345: #!/bin/bash # # chkconfig: 2345 20 80 # description:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pronetin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with C-shell Script: Disk checking

Hi, i am new in shell script. i have given a task to make a C-shell script. I have list of ip address and device name respectively. For example; cal 1 : 100.21.25.10 cal 2 : 100.21.25.11 cal 3 : 100.21.25.12 cal 4 : 100.21.25.14 and so on... Right now, i have this. #! /bin/csh -f ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lattey
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Checking if service is running

Hi, For audit reasons, I need to stop the web server service in some Solaris servers. The port that is listening for this service is port 10000. This is the output that shows the port 10000 is open in the server : # netstat -an | grep 10000 10.70.21.144.10000 10.70.21.133.58130 49640... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking to see if windows service is running

Hi I have created a PowerShell script which successfully checks whether windows service pgsql-9.2 is running. I have tried to call that PowerShell script with a shell/bash script within a LINUX machine but have been unsuccessful. Is there a way of a shell/Perl script to check whether a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script newbie- how to generate service log from shell script

Hi, I am totally a newbie to any programming languages and I just started an entry level job in an IT company. One of my recent tasks is to create a script that is able to show the log file of linux service (i.e. ntpd service) lets say, if I run my script ./test.sh, the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaogeji
3 Replies
nns_intro(3tcl) 					       Name service facility						   nns_intro(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
nns_intro - Name service facility, introduction DESCRIPTION
nns (short for nano nameservice) is a facility built for the package comm, adding a simple name service to it. It is also built on top of comm, using it for the exchange of messages between the client and server parts. This name service facility has nothing to do with the Internet's Domain Name System, otherwise known as DNS. If the reader is looking for a package dealing with that please see either of the packages dns and resolv, both found in Tcllib too. Tcllib provides 2 applications and 4 packages which are working together and provide access to the facility at different levels. APPLICATIONS
The application nnsd provides a simple name server which can be run by anybody anywhere on their system, as they see fit. It is also an example on the use of the server-side package nameserv::server. Complementing this server is the nns client application. A possible, but no very sensible use would be to enter name/port bindings into a server from a shell script. Not sensible, as shell scripts normally do not provide a comm-based service. The only case for this to make some sense would be in a shell script wrapped around a Tcl script FOO which is using comm, to register the listening port used by FOO. However even there it would much more sensible to extend FOO to use the nameservice directly. And in regard on how to that nns can be used as both example and template. Beyond that it may also be useful to perform nameservice queries from shell scripts. The third application, nnslog is a stripped down form of the nns client application. It is reduced to perform a continuous search for all changes and logs all received events to stdout. Both clients use the nameserv::auto package to automatically hande the loss and restoration of the connection to the server. PACKAGES
The two main packages implementing the service are nameserv and nameserv::server, i.e. client and server. The latter has not much of an API, just enough to start, stop, and configure it. See the application nnsd on how to use it. The basic client, in package nameserv, provides the main API to manipulate and query the service. An example of its use is the application nns. The second client package, nameserv::auto is API compatible to the basic client, but provides the additional functionality that it will automatically restore data like bound names when the connection to the name service was lost and then reestablished. I.e. it automatically detects the loss of the server and re-enters the data when the server comes back. The package nameserv::common is of no interest to users. It is an internal package containing code and definitions common to the packages nameserv and nameserv::server. All packages use the uevent package for the reporting of special circumstances via events, and reserve the uevent-tag nameserv for their exclusive use. All their events will be posted to that tag. INTERNALS
The document Name service facility, client/server protocol specifies the protocol used by the packages nameserv and nameserv::server to talk to each other. It is of no interest to users of either the packages or applications. Developers wishing to modify and/or extend or to just understand the internals of the nameservice facility however are strongly advised to read it. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category nameserv of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. SEE ALSO
nameserv(3tcl), nameserv::auto(3tcl), nameserv::common(3tcl), nameserv::protocol(3tcl), nameserv::server(3tcl), nnsd(3tcl), nss(3tcl) KEYWORDS
client, name service, server CATEGORY
Networking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> nns 1.0 nns_intro(3tcl)