Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS flash install "Unable to create Filesystem error" Post 302917520 by sc0rpie on Wednesday 17th of September 2014 08:51:20 AM
Old 09-17-2014
Hi Dave
My next step will be Oracle support.

Thanks anyway

Erik

---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:48 PM ----------

Dave,
I also can add that afhter this partial install the system only has a grub.
The new label seems to be in place!
I have it flashed in UFS again.
Greets
Erik

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

2. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Install "Devel-Profile" perl module in windows.

Hi, I want to install 'Devel-Profile' in windows but i am not able to install. Here is the error. PPM> install Devel-Profile Install package 'Devel-Profile?' (y/N): y Installing package 'Devel-Profile'... Error installing package 'Devel-Profile': Could not locate a PPD file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to install Adobe Flash player in Ubuntu "11.04"

I am unable to watch video e.g. "www.bbc.co.uk/autumnwatch" on my Netbook as I can find no way of installing Flash Player on my Netbook, which has, (I believe) a light version of Ubuntu 11.04. Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?:o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello, Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error: -sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create Example: $ ssh host user@host's password: Last login: Fri Dec 4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref |-----------------------------------------------------------------| -sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)

NAME
amzfs-sendrecv - Amanda script to create zfs sendrecv DESCRIPTION
amzfs-sendrecv is an Amanda application implementing the Application API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem and backup the snapshot with 'zfs send'. Snapshot are kept after the backup is done, this increase the disk space use on the client but it is neccesary to be able do to incremental backup. If you want only full backup, you can disable this feature by setting the KEEP-SNAPSHOT property to 'NO'. Only the restoration of the complete backup is allowed, it is impossible to restore a single file. The application is run as the amanda user, it must have many zfs priviledge: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,create,rename,snapshot,destroy,send,receive FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem doesn't need to be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-sendrecv's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on the Application API, application configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. KEEP-SNAPSHOT If "YES" (the default), snapshot are kept after the backup, if set to "NO" then snapshot are no kept and incremental backup will fail. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-sendrecv application to backup a zfs filesystem. define application-tool amzfs_sendrecv { comment "amzfs-sendrecv" plugin "amzfs-sendrecv" #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "KEEP-SNAPSHOT" "YES" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-sendrecv { program "APPLICATAION" application "amzfs_sendrecv" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)