Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get distinct Tags from an XML file? Post 302917433 by Ariean on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 03:38:04 PM
Old 09-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay Hegde
Try

Code:
$ awk -F'[<> ]' '{ $1 = $1 }$2 !~ /^[[:punct:]]/ && !a[$2]++{print "<"$2">"}' file.xml

---------- Post updated at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:24 PM ----------

OR
Code:
$ awk -F'[<> ]' '{ $1 = $1 }$2 !~ /^[[:punct:]]/ && !($2 in a){print "<"$2">"; a[$2]}' file.xml

For some reason it is working fine for the sample file i provided which is idented properly but problem is if it is not idented properly it only prints below tags.
Code:
<Provider>
<>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for xml tags in a file

Hi, I need to search for a pattern like : <A:UserAttr Name="ACTIVITY_ID"> <A:Value>1111120</A:Value> </A:UserAttr> Let us the there is a dir /tmp that contains 5 xml file. each of them multiple above tags in the file. If found all the three line would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing unwanted tags from xml file

I have a XML file given as below: "<ProductUOMAlternativeDetails> <removetag> <UOMCode>EA</UOMCode> <numeratorForConversionToBaseUOM>1</numeratorForConversionToBaseUOM> <denominatorForConversionToBaseUOM>1</denominatorForConversionToBaseUOM> <length>0.59</length> <width>0.96</width> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to split the tags from xml file

I do have an xml sheet as below where I need the perl script to filter only the hyperlink tags. <cols><col min="1" max="1" width="30.5703125" customWidth="1"/><col min="2" max="2" width="7.140625" bestFit="1" customWidth="1"/> <col min="3" max="3" width="32.28515625" bestFit="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split XML file based on tags

Hello All , Please help me with below requirement I want to split a xml file based on tag.here is the file format <data-set> some-information </data-set> <data-set1> some-information </data-set1> <data-set2> some-information </data-set2> I want to split the above file into 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort tags in an xml file

Hi All, Below is an extract from xml. Here the pattern of the tags is not uniform. i.e., For user A --> name,id,add isthe series For user B --> id,name,add is the series <name>A<\name> <id>A1<\id> <add>A2<\add> <id>B1<\id> <name>B<\name> <add>B2<\add> <add>C2<\add> <id>C1<\id>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the specific tags in a XML file

Hello Shell Gurus, I have a requirement to get the specific tags from a XML file. Here is my code snippet <jdbc-system-resource> <name>SDPData Source</name> <target>AdminServer,osb_server1,soa_server1</target> ... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
30 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)