Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cookie authenticationn
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cookie authenticationn Post 302917418 by cmccabe on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 01:48:15 PM
Old 09-16-2014
Cookie authenticationn

I am trying to wget to retrieve a file from an ubuntu server. I believe I need a cookie authentication, but am am having trouble.

I am reading the maual and it is not making sense. I have also tried

Code:
 wget http://..... --username=... --password=...

Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1

Anyone: I have a very annoying problem on one of our servers (running Solaris 8). when ever I try to run "xhost +" with the display set at "localhost:0.0" I get the following error: xhost + Xlib: connection to "finappprod:0.0" refused by server Xlib: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: errolg
1 Replies

2. Linux

Cant locate CGI/Cookie.pm

hi frnds i m getting this error whenever i m trying to run otrs in my web browser. http://ipaddr /otrs/index.pl " 500 Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot use the same script to read cookie

Hi all, I am using the following code to read a cookie. when this script is hosted on a unix server(solaris) it runs perfect. but when executed on a windows machine cannot retrieve the cookie. --------------------------------------- # Modules used use CGI; # Create an object of CGI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem for CGI create Cookie!!!!

Hi Everyone, I am facing the problem to create the cookie in CGI (bash script). Is it possible can create in cgi? or javascript better? Anyone got the sample to create the cookie in cgi(bash script)? Just the login will do ->> USERNAME and PASSWORD after create how to store into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget - cookie with expiration date

How can I create a cookie with expiration date using either wget or curl? I am able to use cli wget, cli curl, or php curl. I don't see that the cookies I have created contain an expiration date, and I have a problem logging into a forum that looks for the expiration date. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with wget and cookie

Dear people, I got a problem with an scrip using wget to download pdf-files from an website which uses session-cookies. Background: for university its quite nasty to look up weekly which new homeworks, papers etc. are available on the different sites of the universites chairs. So I wanted a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackomo
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Cookie to Turn on and Off Site Animations

Hi, I've been thinking about the issue of mouseovers, hovers, and site animations for thread previews and forum descriptions, etc. What I think I will do is to add a cookie and a switch in the navbar where the user can set site animations to on or off; and then use that cookie to control all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Changed Forum Cookie Prefix (You May Need to Reload Your Cache)

Today we changed the prefix of our cookie and cleared the session table and all is working fine, at least on my end because I cleared my browser javascript cache. If you experience any strange behavior (you should not), please clear your javascript cache before posting a bug here. Note: I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Dancer::Cookie(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Dancer::Cookie(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Cookie - class representing cookies SYNOPSIS
use Dancer::Cookie; my $cookie = Dancer::Cookie->new( name => $cookie_name, value => $cookie_value ); DESCRIPTION
Dancer::Cookie provides a HTTP cookie object to work with cookies. ATTRIBUTES
name The cookie's name. value The cookie's value. expires The cookie's expiration date. There are several formats. Unix epoch time like 1288817656 to mean "Wed, 03-Nov-2010 20:54:16 GMT" A human readable offset from the current time such as "2 hours". It currently understands... s second seconds sec secs m minute minutes min mins h hr hour hours d day days w week weeks M month months y year years Months and years are currently fixed at 30 and 365 days. This may change. Anything else is used verbatim. domain The cookie's domain. path The cookie's path. secure If true, it instructs the client to only serve the cookie over secure connections such as https. http_only By default, cookies are created with a property, named "HttpOnly", that can be used for security, forcing the cookie to be used only by the server (via HTTP) and not by any JavaScript code. If your cookie is meant to be used by some JavaScript code, set this attribute to 0. METHODS
/SUBROUTINES new Create a new Dancer::Cookie object. You can set any attribute described in the ATTRIBUTES section above. init Runs an expiration test and sets a default path if not set. to_header Creates a proper HTTP cookie header from the content. AUTHOR
Alexis Sukrieh LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009-2010 Alexis Sukrieh. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-30 Dancer::Cookie(3pm)