Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The Fastest for copy huge data Post 302917413 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 01:16:18 PM
Old 09-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf989
Have you tried using tar to create a tarball, then copying the tarball to the other server and untaring it? Newer OS's have a --compress option, which might help.
Read my above post to understand why this is unlikely to help.

Quote:
However you copy it, you may want to copy over the directories in different threads, hence you get some level of parallel.
Read my above post to understand why this is unlikely to help. Disks, and especially folders, are not parallel.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fastest copy command

wich is the fastest command in HP-UX to copy an entire disk to dat tapes, or even disk to disk? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from a huge file?

Hi, I have a huge file of bibliographic records in some standard format.I need a script to do some repeatable task as follows: 1. Needs to create folders as the strings starts with "item_*" from the input file 2. Create a file "contents" in each folders having "license.txt(tab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A variable and sum of its value in a huge data.

Hi Experts, I got a question.. In the following output of `ps -elf | grep DataFlow` I get:- 242001 A mqsiadm 2076676 1691742 0 60 20 26ad4f400 130164 * May 09 - 3:02 DataFlowEngine EAIDVBR1_BROKER 5e453de8-2001-0000-0080-fd142b9ce8cb VIPS_INQ1 0 242001 A mqsiadm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

5. Solaris

The FASTEST copy method?

Hi Experts, I've been asked if there is a fast way to duplicate a file(10GB) and zip it at the same time. The zipped file would be FTP'd.....management is asking this. Maybe there is a better method all together? any ideas? CP will not cut it. Thanks in advance Harley (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

6. AIX

Copy huge files system

Dear Guy’s By using dd command or any strong command, I’d like to copy huge data from file system to another file system Sours File system: /sfsapp File system has 250 GB of data Target File system: /tgtapp I’d like to copy all these files and directories from /sfsapp to /tgtapp as... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
28 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy huge data into vi editor

Hi All, HP-UX dev4 B.11.11 U 9000/800 3251073457 I need to copy huge data from windows text file to vi editor. when I tried copy huge data, the format of data is not preserverd and appered to scatterd through the vi, something like give below. Please let me know, how can I correct this? ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
18 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disk is Full but really does not contain huge data

Hi All, My disk usage show 100 % . When I check “df –kh” it shows my root partition is full. But when I run the “du –skh /” shows only 7 GB is used. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 30G 28G 260MB 100% / How I can identify who is using the 20 GB of memory. Os: Centos... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregation of huge data

Hi Friends, I have a file with sample amount data as follows: -89990.3456 8788798.990000128 55109787.20 -12455558989.90876 I need to exclude the '-' symbol in order to treat all values as an absolute one and then I need to sum up.The record count is around 1 million. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravichander
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrase XML with Huge Data

HI Guys, I have Big XML file with Below Format :- Input :- <pokl>MKL=1,FN=1,GBNo=B10C</pokl> <d>192</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,7,8</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B11C</pokl> <d>162</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,5,6</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B12C</pokl> <d>188</d> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies
RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(3pm)

NAME
RoPkg::Rsync::Atom - the smallest unit in a rsync configuration file SYPONSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use RoPkg::Rsync::Atom; sub main { my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'param', name => 'uid', value => 'nobody', ); print $a->ToString(0),$/; return 0; } main(); DESCRIPTION
RoPkg::Rsync::Atom is a class used by RoPkg::Rsync modules. The Atom is considered the smallest part of any rsync configuration file. An atom can be (at this moment): param blank comment METHODS
All methods, throw the OutsideClass exception, if you use them as class methods. Example: perl -MRoPkg::Rsync::Atom -e 'RoPkg::Rsync::Atom->Type;' Called outside class instance Besides OutsideClass the methods are throwing other exceptions as well. Refer to each method documentation for more information. new() The constructor of the class. new accepts 3 parameters grouped inside a hash: *) type - type of the atom *) name - name of the atom *) value - value of the atom The type parameter must always be present. If the type parameter is not present, a Param::Missing exception is raised. At this moment, the atoms have 3 types: *) param - a parameter in the standard form (name = value) *) comment - a comment *) blank - a blank line (or only with separators) If the value of the type parameter is not one of the ones specified a Param::Wrong exception is raised. Examples: example 1 (param): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'param', name => 'gid', value => 'users', ); example 2 (param): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(type => 'param'); $a->Name('gid'); $a->Value('users'); print 'Name of the atom is:',$a->Name,$/; example 3 (comment): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'comment', value => '# this is the group id', ); example 4 (blank): my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'blank', value => q{ }, ); Name($new_name) The Name method is a get/set method. If $new_name exists (and his value is defined) then the set behaviour is selected, otherwise the method acts as a get method. Returns the name of the atom. Value($new_value) The Value method is a get/set method. If $new_value exists (and his value is defined) then the set behaviour is selected, otherwise the method acts as a get method. Returns the value of the atom. ToString($indent, $spaces) Returns the string representation of the atom. Accepts 2 parameters: indent and spaces. $indent is a true/false value specifing that the string representation should be prefixed with a tab character; $spaces is used to compute the number of spaces that should be added after the atom name, so that the total length of the parameter name to match the $spaces value. Example: my $a = new RoPkg::Rsync::Atom( type => 'param', name => 'gid', value => 'users', ); print $a->ToString(0, 6),$/, $a->ToString(0, 5),$/, $a->ToString(0, 4),$/, $a->ToString(0, 3),$/, $a->ToString(1, 6),$/, $a->ToString(1, 5),$/, $a->ToString(1, 4),$/, $a->ToString(1, 3),$/; The result is: gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users gid = users Type Returns the type (string representation) of the atom. PREREQUISITES
perl 5.008 (or later) is required. Besides perl, you must have the following: RoPkg::Exceptions English Scalar::Util SEE ALSO
RoPkg::Rsync::Node RoPkg::Rsync::ConfFile RoPkg::Exceptions AUTHOR
Subredu Manuel <diablo@iasi.roedu.net> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005 Subredu Manuel. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.8.8 2006-06-09 RoPkg::Rsync::Atom(3pm)