Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Running a script in a sub dir with space in it Post 302917362 by vbe on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 09:10:14 AM
Old 09-16-2014
Have you tried ?
Code:
/internaldisk1/Task*Logs1

or
Code:
/internaldisk1/Task" "Logs1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to go to a different dir to run a commandline prompt in that dir

Hi, I need to know how I'll be able to write a script that can goto a different dir where I don't have access to read,write and execute and also to run a commandline prompt in that dir with one file whose path has to be specified in that command. Will I be able to do this? Any ideas or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to clone a dir tree, & overwrite the dir struct elsewhere?

hi all, i'm looking for a bash or tcsh script that will clone an empty dir tree 'over' another tree ... specifically, i'd like to: (1) specify a src directory (2) list the directory tree/hiearchy beneath that src dir, w/o files -- just the dirs (3) clone that same, empty dir hierarchy to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OpenMacNews
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp how to deal with space in path to dir?

OK I am trying to use something similar to this: #!/bin/sh echo "OK, starting now..." sftp -b /dev/fd/0 user@remotehost <<EOF cd pub ascii put filename.txt bye EOF only difference is the dir I need to cd to has a space in it like this /Import/Server/Prospect File ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other other dir

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other dir and at the same time it has to read the log in the source dir. Please help me ASAP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
4 Replies

6. AIX

Running out of space

AIX 6.1 Of course, right at the end of the day I see that my "/" file system is just about out of space. I've been googling and reading man pages, but my google-fu is weak today. How do I find out what is taking all the space? I think I found the process that is cause *some* file to grow but I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spellbound
15 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir

du -hs command calculates the space for all the subdirs under a dir ...but it is very slow if the dir is huge....is there any quick way ...I am using Sun OS. Thanks, Ajay (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move all files in a dir into a certain dir

Hello all, I'm very new to shell scripting and need quite urgently to do this thing for my student job. I have a directory called "vectors" with a bunch of files all named ".vector". also i have for each of those files a directory with the name . I now want to move each of those *.vector files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherresh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk space being used up while running a script

We have a script which when run consumes the space of the disk from where it is being run. we have to kill this script every time to release space. why do this happen ? any work around please we are using solaris 10 P.S. : a part of the code will make some connection to the DB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chidori
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot cd to dir with space

I have a script that I am trying to use. I need it to run from a certain directory. I have tried the following: SCRIPT_DIR=$PWD MYDIR="/filemount/files/Move Files" cd "$MYDIR" $SCRIPT_DIR/movefiles.bash I have tried to run it. but I always get "no such file or directory" from the script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies
Padre::Task::LWP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Padre::Task::LWP(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Task::LWP - Generic HTTP client background processing task SYNOPSIS
# Fire and forget HTTP request Padre::Task::LWP->new( request => HTTP::Request->new( GET => 'http://perlide.org', ), )->schedule; DESCRIPTION
Sending and receiving data via HTTP. METHODS
new my $task = Padre::Task::LWP->new( method => 'GET', url => 'http://perlide.org', ); The "new" constructor creates a Padre::Task for a background HTTP request. It takes a single addition parameter "request" which is a fully-prepared HTTP::Request object for the request. Returns a new Padre::Task::LWP object, or throws an exception on error. request The "request" method returns the HTTP::Request object that was provided to the constructor. response Before the "run" method has been fired the "response" method returns "undef". After the "run" method has been fired the "response" method returns the HTTP::Response object for the LWP::UserAgent request. Typically, you would use this in the "finish" method for the task, if you wish to take any further actions in Padre based on the result of the HTTP call. SEE ALSO
This class inherits from "Padre::Task" and its instances can be scheduled using "Padre::TaskManager". The transfer of the objects to and from the worker threads is implemented with Storable. AUTHOR
Steffen Mueller "smueller@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::Task::LWP(3pm)