Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Generate message in syslog.log Post 302917346 by makauser on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 07:59:00 AM
Old 09-16-2014
Generate message in syslog.log

Dear Concern,

Is there any command to generate message in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file in HP-UX.

With Best Regards,
Kauser

Last edited by rbatte1; 09-18-2014 at 12:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generate report from log files

Hi Expert, I have some confusing to generate report from the log file as shown below: filename :test1.log start_time date end_time number code P 000029.621 20070823 000029 12134567890 111111111111 00 0 000 003... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

3. Solaris

syslog message..!

I got my system sun fire 6800 hung later reboot after generating these message can any one help me on this to review these message..!! nfssrv: WARNING: nfsauth upcall failed: RPC: Operation in progress mountd: cannot accept connection: 19: error unknown (current state -1) KAVE00166-W The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
13 Replies

4. Programming

why I can't get syslog message?

I read Unix network programming by richard,in chap12.3,it say if call syslog() by using parameter LOG_USER,it should write a message in /var/adm/messages in Solaris,such as "connected from 10.1.1.2",example file inet/daytimetcpsrv2.c.I want to know which syslog file in FreeBSD7.0?I look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

5. AIX

Syslog - Message forwarded from

I am not a Unix / AIX admin, but am working with one that doesn't seem to know how to set up syslog to forward messages to me the way I need them. Every message they send me has "Message forwarded from <insert host name here>:" but I need it to only have the host name. In the examples below,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlbillow
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syslog Message Columns

Hi all, I need your help with syslog columns. Currently I have a script as follows: (extract) for messages in `cat syslog_message_list.txt`; \ do \ grep $messages syslog.`date +%d%m%y`.log | \ tr -s " " | \ cut -d" " -f4,9- | \ sort -k3.2,3 -k2,2 -k1nr,1 | \ uniq -c | \ sort -k3.2,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to generate boot.log.

Hi I m not able to find anything under boot.log file. Here is the output of boot.log files. As you can see nothing is getting written inside the boot.log files . How can i make all the events to be logged under boot.log file? # ls -ltr /var/log | grep boot -rw------- 1 root root 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog Message

All thanks for the help in advance. I'm current have my syslog server built on RHEL5.7. I'm wondering how to I have the syslog messages categorized by hostname? Is that an option I can add to the syslog.conf? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tail -f logfile. if log file is generate every 1 HR.?

Hello, How to tail -f logfile. if log file is gennerate every 1 HR. I want it works automatically all the time. never changes it by manual. Thank ls -trl CybertonTransaction.* -rw-r--r-- 1 autobot robot 617071 Jul 9 00:02 CybertonTransaction.20130709-00.log -rw-r--r-- 1 autobot ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
12 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

NAME
reboot - Restarts the machine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/reboot [-dlnq] DESCRIPTION
When the system is running and multiple users are logged in, use the shutdown -r command to perform a reboot operation. If no users are logged in, use the reboot command. The reboot command normally stops all running processes, syncs the disks, logs the reboot, and writes a shutdown entry in the login accounting file, /var/adm/wtmp. The reboot command uses the sync call to synchronize the disks, and to perform other shutdown activities such as resynchronizing the hard- ware time-of-day clock. After these activities, the system reboots. By default, the system starts and the file systems are automatically checked. If the start-up activities are successful, the system comes up in the default run-level. You must have root privileges to use this command. Using the -n flag can result in file system damage. FLAGS
Generates a crash dump of the system before halting it. Can be used with any of the other flags. Does not log the reboot using syslog Does not sync the disks or log the reboot using syslog Performs a quick reboot without first shutting down running processes; does not log the reboot using syslog EXAMPLES
To enable the default reboot action, enter: reboot This command causes the system to stop all running processes, sync the disks, log the shutdown, and perform other routine shutdown and reboot activities. To shut down the system without logging the reboot, enter: reboot -l This command shuts down the system and performs all shutdown and reboot activities, except logging the shutdown. To reboot the system abruptly, enter: reboot -q This command reboots the system abruptly without shutting down running processes. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the login accounting file Specifies the path of the syslog daemon RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), savecore(8) shutdown(8), syslogd(8) Functions: reboot(2), sync(2), syslog(3) delim off reboot(8)