Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help with automatically Import from special mysqldump Post 302917343 by gull04 on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 07:41:16 AM
Old 09-16-2014
Hi,

Use something like;

Code:
MYFILE=`ls -lrt daily_test_*.sql.gz|awk '{print $NF}'|tail -1`
gunzip ${MYFILE}

Regards

Dave

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysqldump script without hardcode password

OS: Linux ambglx02 2.6.16.60-0.21-default #1 Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Shell: bash Currently I have a mysqldump script to backup my mysql database, the command is as below: /opt/novell/mysql/bin/mysqldump --add-drop-table -u root -p -h mydb > /home/john/mydb.sql ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysqldump slowing down the process?

Hi All, I have a data calculation process-a perl script running each and every hour which will do some calculations on the data stored in a mysql server. Normally it tooks around 2minutes (max) to complete. But in case if i did any actions on the linux box where the database is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for mysqldump command

I want to take a backup of a database and redirect the output of the whole process to a log file. I am using the below command: mysqldump -A --add-drop-table > mysql-daily-backup.sql &> /tmp/backup_log/mysql.log Is there anything wrong with the syntax? ---------- Post updated at 08:32 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with my crontab file, using mysqldump

My crontab file tells cron to run a certain shell script at 10:30 AM every day. The shell script backs up my database with mysqldump and then runs a sed script that does some editing of the backup file. I have programmed the shell script to write an error message to a file I have in my home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mysqldump certain tables

Hi, I have to upload part of my database periodically when i make changes to product data etc. However I only want to upload certain tables. We suffer from bandwidth chock here, so i want to write a couple of separate scripts that upload parts of the database that changed. The database is large... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysqldump rotate backup

I have a very simple script that uses a cron job to take a daily backup of our orders database. echo "Dumping ORDERS database"; mysqldump -u root --password='mypassword' -h '1.1.1.1' --opt --compress ORDERS $tbl_names > /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/db_backups/orders.sql echo "Copied database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Special characters automatically gets returned - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0

Dear experts, We are using Linux OS i.e Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 I log to the server using putty & default shell is Code: -bash4.2$ echo $SHELL /bin/bash special character automatically gets returned in my putty. Code: -bash-4.2$ ~ Also this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba1981
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special characters automatically gets returned - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0

Dear experts, We are using Linux OS i.e Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 I log to the server using putty & default shell is -bash4.2$ echo $SHELL /bin/bash special character automatically gets returned in my putty. -bash-4.2$ ~ Also this special... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba1981
4 Replies
DIFF3(1)							   User Commands							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - compare three files line by line SYNOPSIS
diff3 [OPTION]... MYFILE OLDFILE YOURFILE DESCRIPTION
Compare three files line by line. -e --ed Output unmerged changes from OLDFILE to YOURFILE into MYFILE. -E --show-overlap Output unmerged changes, bracketing conflicts. -A --show-all Output all changes, bracketing conflicts. -x --overlap-only Output overlapping changes. -X Output overlapping changes, bracketing them. -3 --easy-only Output unmerged nonoverlapping changes. -m --merge Output merged file instead of ed script (default -A). -L LABEL --label=LABEL Use LABEL instead of file name. -i Append `w' and `q' commands to ed scripts. -a --text Treat all files as text. --strip-trailing-cr Strip trailing carriage return on input. -T --initial-tab Make tabs line up by prepending a tab. --diff-program=PROGRAM Use PROGRAM to compare files. -v --version Output version info. --help Output this help. If a FILE is `-', read standard input. Exit status is 0 if successful, 1 if conflicts, 2 if trouble. AUTHOR
Written by Randy Smith. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for diff3 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and diff3 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info diff should give you access to the complete manual. diffutils 2.8.7-cvs January 2008 DIFF3(1)