Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris LDAP server and client configuration in Solaris 10 Post 302917318 by ainstin on Tuesday 16th of September 2014 04:27:21 AM
Old 09-16-2014
Linux LDAP server and client configuration in Solaris 10

How do i install ldap server and client in solaris server
how to configure ldap server and client
please help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Need help in BOOTP Server and Client configuration

Dear All; I need help in configuring the BOOTP server, I have found something on internet forums regarding the file: bootptab and editing some lines but Im not if they are all correct. Also, I need help to configure my clients (UNIX) to boot up with this bootp server(UNIX). I will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amirzandi
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris Server Configuration System Files

Dear All, I am a Ubuntu Linux user and currently performing an audit on a Sun Solaris machine. As I am not too familiar with Sun Solaris, may I know where can I extract the following information from a Sun Solaris server. /etc/profile /etc/login.defs /etc/pam.d/system-auth... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerd
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ldap client fails to start under solaris 10

I have an issue here with ldap client. It stoped and won't start. What I have got: sadm $ tail /var/adm/messages Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 Mesg: Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' (''). Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 NIS client configuration

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 machine and trying to connect it to a Linux NIS Server. Up till now I have set up NIS so that it does find the NIS server and gets the user list. Automounter also mounts some directories from an NFS server. However, I can't get it to map the shadow passwords (they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dop
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris syslog server and client

Hi folks, I am attempting to setup a Solaris 10 syslog server to receive logs from linux machines. Here's what I did: On the server (SunOS sun226 5.10), IP address: 192.168.212.226: 1. start syslogdby issuing $/usr/sbin/syslogd -T On a client (SunOS sun221 5.8): 1. Configured... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
1 Replies

7. Proxy Server

Configure native ldap client on Solaris 10

Hi guys. First, sorry for my english, I´m tried to write the best form but sure I´m not do it. I´m tried to configure the native ldap client on Solaris 10 but yet dosen't work. May be the problem is in the pam.conf or something like that. This is the line I was applied to configure the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sultano
7 Replies

8. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

9. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. Solaris

How to add new Solaris client IP into Solaris 10 DNS server?

Hi, We just built a new Solaris 10 zone. And would like to add it to our DNS server. Its also Solaris 10. Please let me know how can I get the IP resolved using this DNS server. I added entry into zone config file but not working. I did restarted the DNS services. And also added nameserver name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies
AUTOFS_LDAP_AUTH.CONF(5)					File Formats Manual					  AUTOFS_LDAP_AUTH.CONF(5)

NAME
autofs_ldap_auth.conf - autofs LDAP authentication configuration DESCRIPTION
LDAP authenticated binds, TLS encrypted connections and certification may be used by setting appropriate values in the autofs authentica- tion configuration file and configuring the LDAP client with appropriate settings. The default location of this file is /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf. If this file exists it will be used to establish whether TLS or authentication should be used. An example of this file is: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <autofs_ldap_sasl_conf usetls="yes" tlsrequired="no" authrequired="no" authtype="DIGEST-MD5" user="xyz" secret="abc" /> If TLS encryption is to be used the location of the Certificate Authority certificate must be set within the LDAP client configuration in order to validate the server certificate. If, in addition, a certified connection is to be used then the client certificate and private key file locations must also be configured within the LDAP client. OPTIONS
This files contains a single XML element, as shown in the example above, with several attributes. The possible attributes are: usetls="yes"|"no" Determines whether an encrypted connection to the ldap server should be attempted. tlsrequired="yes"|"no" This flag tells whether the ldap connection must be encrypted. If set to "yes", the automounter will fail to start if an encrypted connection cannot be established. authrequired="yes"|"no"|"autodetect"|"simple" This option tells whether an authenticated connection to the ldap server is required in order to perform ldap queries. If the flag is set to yes, only sasl authenticated connections will be allowed. If it is set to no then authentication is not needed for ldap server connections. If it is set to autodetect then the ldap server will be queried to establish a suitable sasl authentication mechanism. If no suitable mechanism can be found, connections to the ldap server are made without authentication. Finally, if it is set to simple, then simple authentication will be used instead of SASL. authtype="GSSAPI"|"LOGIN"|"PLAIN"|"ANONYMOUS"|"DIGEST-MD5|EXTERNAL" This attribute can be used to specify a preferred authentication mechanism. In normal operations, the automounter will attempt to authenticate to the ldap server using the list of supportedSASLmechanisms obtained from the directory server. Explicitly setting the authtype will bypass this selection and only try the mechanism specified. The EXTERNAL mechanism may be used to authenticate us- ing a client certificate and requires that authrequired set to "yes" if using SSL or usetls, tlsrequired and authrequired all set to "yes" if using TLS, in addition to authtype being set to EXTERNAL. If using authtype EXTERNAL two additional configuration entries are required: external_cert="<client certificate path>" This specifies the path of the file containing the client certificate. external_key="<client certificate key path>" This specifies the path of the file containing the client certificate key. These two configuration entries are mandatory when using the EXTERNAL method as the HOME environment variable cannot be assumed to be set or, if it is, to be set to the location we expect. user="<username>" This attribute holds the authentication identity used by authentication mechanisms that require it. Legal values for this attribute include any printable characters that can be used by the selected authentication mechanism. secret="<password>" This attribute holds the secret used by authentication mechanisms that require it. Legal values for this attribute include any printable characters that can be used by the selected authentication mechanism. encoded_secret="<base64 encoded password>" This attribute holds the base64 encoded secret used by authentication mechanisms that require it. If this entry is present as well as the secret entry this value will take precedence. clientprinc="<GSSAPI client principal>" When using GSSAPI authentication, this attribute is consulted to determine the principal name to use when authenticating to the di- rectory server. By default, this will be set to "autofsclient/<fqdn>@<REALM>. credentialcache="<external credential cache path>" When using GSSAPI authentication, this attribute can be used to specify an externally configured credential cache that is used dur- ing authentication. By default, autofs will setup a memory based credential cache. SEE ALSO
auto.master(5), AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ian Kent <raven@themaw.net>. 19 Feb 2010 AUTOFS_LDAP_AUTH.CONF(5)