Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show service status in dialog Post 302917242 by jim mcnamara on Monday 15th of September 2014 10:56:56 AM
Old 09-15-2014
ajax needs to call local code to call local code. Meaning: for every OS it connects to it has some kind of locally DIFFERENT "api" call to get what you want. Therefore, the call is platform dependent. Base java has as a last resort the system method/call: as one clumsy way to do what you want. In order to get you an answer we need:

platform this is going to run on (OS name version)

Examples of what I mean as the issue:

Code:
ps -ef | grep -v grep |  grep -q  crond

This lousy bit of code will probably work on most modern Unix OSes. It requires modern a grep (supports -q) so it will not work on some older systems.

Some OSes have a commands that shows service information: Solaris, Red Hat, and so on.
Solaris (from the command line:
Code:
svcs  /system/cron

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 09-15-2014 at 12:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Ftp Service /process Status

:confused: Hi Can anyone tell me how to check the FTP process status in linux . eg,I'm ftpping some files from "A" server to "B" server through FTP command , after ftpping these files , I 'm suppose to delete the files which are successfully ftpped from "A" server ,but when I 'm checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GaneshB
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Monitor Service Status

Hey guys how do you determined the status of a certain service if its running or not aside from using ps. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i know service status in solaris8,9?

How can i know service status and its dependencies in solaris 8,9? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

#service --status-all : screen flickering

hi there when i run #service --status-all or #service nfs status the screen flickers if i ssh from remote system than i dont have flickering on the remote nor that system. is it something to do with probably display configuration. ? and which file are the display setting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show status of progress?

So, What is the best method, if even possible, to display a percentage or a status or progress of a certain command? For example I am forcing a block copy of a an OS image from one machine to another via a shell script and would like for it to display a progress or status so I know if it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

service exit status

what are the number for the exit status for command service and what does every number mean. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. AIX

service status in AIX

good afternoon to all hay i m new in AIX. my problem is that.....plz tell me how to see " service status" in AIX Becoz i run /etc/rc.d/rc.2/Sbesclientd so its show below like this bash-3.2$ sudo /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd status Usage: /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd { start | stop } I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

script killing a process from service status output

Hello, can some please suggest a script, for killing the process PID. This are steps I am currently performing to kill the process. I cant user service splunk stop, to kill these processes, because of uid and gid mismatch for splunk user. # service splunk status Splunk status: splunkd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD