Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hide command details in top?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Hide command details in top? Post 302917225 by rbatte1 on Monday 15th of September 2014 07:02:06 AM
Old 09-15-2014
I'm not familiar with lftp, but looking at the manual pages, it suggests you can use a command file. Can you add a user statement in there and therefore remove it from the command line? Of course, you would need to ensure that no-one else can read the command file......

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on the ls command and file types

Hey y'all, I need some help with the nitty gritty of the ls command. -First off in the man pages in the -l mode the first character can be "door" can anyone tell me what a door is??? -also in the -l mode the first character can be "fifo"or"pipe" can anyone tell me what a this is??? -What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob358
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command details

Hi I m new to unix can any one tell me details of 'awk','sed' commands Plz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin03051985
2 Replies

3. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to hide command line parameters?

Hello I want to hide command line parameters of my programs/scripts to not to be seen with 'ps' command. How can I do that? thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
6 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

how to Hide Passwords From UNIX ps Command

Hi, By reporting the process status with ps, any Unix user will see the command line arguments #ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD lsc 13837 13825 0 May 11 pts/17 0:01 -ksh oracle 4698 6294 0 12:00:40 ? 0:00 sqlplus -s system/manager appluser 4229 4062 0 12:00:03... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Command History for a user with IP details

Hi We are sharing our envoirnment with our component teams. the plateform is SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-41 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490. All team logs in the domain with same user and perform activities. Now for the system auditing purpose can somebody guide me how can I get the details when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide status value from awk system command

Hi, When i use the system( ) function inside a awk, i am getting the ouput with a 0 appended in a new line. Can someone guide me to eliminate the extra line containing 0. Ex : awk -F"|" '{print system("convert.sh" $1}' The output is displayed with 0 in a new line. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muruganksk
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Netapp filer details - command?

What command can I use to find out details about a netapp filer. I have a directory that is a filer i would like to know details about the source host/folder that it points to. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)			     curl_easy_setopt options				CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS - create missing dirs for FTP and SFTP SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> typedef enum { CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_NONE, CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR, CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_RETRY } curl_ftpcreatedir; CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS, long create); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long telling libcurl to create the dir. If the value is CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR (1), libcurl will attempt to create any remote directory that it fails to "move" into. For FTP requests, that means a CWD command fails. CWD being the command that changes working directory. For SFTP requests, libcurl will attempt to create the remote directory if it can't obtain a handle to the target-location. The creation will fail if a file of the same name as the directory to create already exists or lack of permissions prevents creation. Setting create to CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_RETRY (2), tells libcurl to retry the CWD command again if the subsequent MKD command fails. This is especially useful if you're doing many simultaneous connections against the same server and they all have this option enabled, as then CWD may first fail but then another connection does MKD before this connection and thus MKD fails but trying CWD works! DEFAULT
CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_NONE (0) PROTOCOLS
FTP and SFTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.10.7. SFTP support added in 7.16.3. The retry option was added in 7.19.4. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if the create value is not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD(3), CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPSV(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)