Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generate output file
Operating Systems Linux Generate output file Post 302917162 by balajikalai on Sunday 14th of September 2014 07:56:58 PM
Old 09-14-2014
i am getting empty output file , Please advise .

basically i wanted to create file audit ,when file created with checksum value.
thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in Parsing a CSV file and generate a new output file

Hi Scripting Gurus, I am trying to parse a csv file and generate a new output file. The input file will be a variable length in turns of rows and columns. output file will have 8 columns. we have three columns from the header for each set. just to give little bit more clarification each row... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkr
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate PDF document on UNIX (not with GUI) from SQL*Plus output

Hi I wish to generate from CSV output of SQL*Plus a PDF. I use a Solaris 10 box. Which Open Source software can do that on CLI? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux - Script to generate the output delimited by Comma/Pipe

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to go to a directory, list all the files that start with person* (for eg) & read the most recent file from the list of files. While browsing through the forum, i found that the command ls -t will list the files. I am trying to generate the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX how to generate multiple line output file

Hi All, I am trying to generate a file through a LINUX scripting as shown below export field1=`cat dir/filename1.txt |wc -l` echo "field1 : $field1 >>dir/WeeklySummaryReport.txt export field2=`cat dir/filename2.txt |wc -l` echo "field2 : $field2 >>dir/WeeklySummaryReport.txt While... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script To Generate HTML output

Hello All, I need help here with a script. I have a script here which generates a html output with set of commands and is working fine. Now i want to add a new command/function which would run on all the remote blades and output should be included in this html file. Here is the script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate HTML output format listing like orasnap

Hi, Is there any UNIX scripts out there that generates a listing output of some sort similar to OraSnap At the moment, I have a script that I run on multiple servers that has multiple databases and just querying the database sizes of those databases. It generates a text files that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies
BIFF(1)                                                     BSD General Commands Manual                                                    BIFF(1)

NAME
biff -- be notified if mail arrives and who it is from SYNOPSIS
biff [ny] DESCRIPTION
Biff informs the system whether you want to be notified when mail arrives during the current terminal session. Options supported by biff: n Disables notification. y Enables notification. When mail notification is enabled, the header and first few lines of the message will be printed on your screen whenever mail arrives. A ``biff y'' command is often included in the file .login or .profile to be executed at each login. Biff operates asynchronously via the comsat(8) service. If that service is not enabled, biff will not do anything. In that case, or for syn- chronous notification, use the MAIL variable of sh(1) or the mail variable of csh(1). SEE ALSO
csh(1), mail(1), sh(1), comsat(8) HISTORY
The biff command appeared in 4.0BSD. BUGS
su(1), and biff don't seem to get on too well. This is probably due to the tty still being owned by the person using su. This can result in ``Permission denied'' messages when attempting to change the biff status of your session. Please report bugs to netbug@ftp.uk.linux.org including diffs/patches, compiler error logs or as complete a bug report as is possible. Linux NetKit (0.17-pre-20000412) July 31, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17-pre-20000412)