Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Stream Content Security with user:pass Post 302917100 by baris35 on Sunday 14th of September 2014 06:04:56 AM
Old 09-14-2014
Stream Content Security with user:pass

Hello,
I have a linux based streaming server and I do not want to make it public. I am looking for a solution to make my streaming content secured with username & password for each individual.

If i had been dealing with a webpage application, it would have been easy for me: To create .htpasswd and .htaccess files for each html folder would have been solving the problem but in my case this is not webpage based application.

What I am in need of is to create a database for each visitor, when they enter the stream link in below format , they will be able to play it at their end:

http://username:password@public_ip:port/stream_name

Some applications are using cgi-bin but I do not know how to install&set it.
I would appreciate if anybody would guide me or give a clue about how it can be done.

Thanks in advance
Boris

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-14-2014 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Disable smilies in this posting.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Video stream] network stream recording with mplayer

Hi I used this command: mplayer http://host/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi -user root -passwd root \ -cache 1024 -fps 25.0 -nosound -vc ffh264 \ -demuxer 3 -dumpstream -dumpfile output.avi It's ok but... Video Playing is very fast! Why? Is it a synch problem? What parameter I have to use for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: takeo.kikuta
1 Replies
NEWKEY(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 NEWKEY(8)

NAME
newkey -- create a new key in the publickey database SYNOPSIS
newkey -h hostname newkey -u username DESCRIPTION
The newkey utility is normally run by the network administrator on the Network Interface Service (NIS) master machine in order to establish public keys for users and super-users on the network. These keys are needed for using secure RPC or secure NFS . The newkey utility will prompt for the login password of the given username and then create a new public/secret key pair in /etc/publickey encrypted with the login password of the given user. Use of this program is not required: users may create their own keys using chkey(1). OPTIONS
-h hostname Create a new public key for the super-user at the given hostname. Prompts for the root password of the given hostname. -u username Create a new public key for the given username. Prompts for the NIS password of the given username. SEE ALSO
chkey(1), keylogin(1), publickey(5), keyserv(8) NOTES
The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Sun Yellow Pages (YP). The functionality of the two remains the same; only the name has changed. BSD
October 12, 1987 BSD