Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hide command details in top?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Hide command details in top? Post 302917027 by zsycho on Saturday 13th of September 2014 09:56:54 AM
Old 09-13-2014
Hammer & Screwdriver Hide command details in top?

I am pulling data from remote SFTP server via LFTP. I really like its features.

I have executed following command through screen.

Code:
lftp -u xxxxx,xxxxx -e "set sftp:connect-program 'ssh -a -x -i /sftp/user/downloads/.ssh/id_dsa';mirror -vvv -c /data/ /sftp/user/downloads/2014_ic; quit" sftp://x.x.x.x:22 >> /home/test/lftp_ic_get_logs_20140913

But anyone can see the credentials through the process details.
How would I hide certain sections of the command?
Is it possible via script that we can hide the entire command details?

TIA...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on the ls command and file types

Hey y'all, I need some help with the nitty gritty of the ls command. -First off in the man pages in the -l mode the first character can be "door" can anyone tell me what a door is??? -also in the -l mode the first character can be "fifo"or"pipe" can anyone tell me what a this is??? -What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob358
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command details

Hi I m new to unix can any one tell me details of 'awk','sed' commands Plz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin03051985
2 Replies

3. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to hide command line parameters?

Hello I want to hide command line parameters of my programs/scripts to not to be seen with 'ps' command. How can I do that? thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
6 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

how to Hide Passwords From UNIX ps Command

Hi, By reporting the process status with ps, any Unix user will see the command line arguments #ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD lsc 13837 13825 0 May 11 pts/17 0:01 -ksh oracle 4698 6294 0 12:00:40 ? 0:00 sqlplus -s system/manager appluser 4229 4062 0 12:00:03... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Command History for a user with IP details

Hi We are sharing our envoirnment with our component teams. the plateform is SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-41 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490. All team logs in the domain with same user and perform activities. Now for the system auditing purpose can somebody guide me how can I get the details when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide status value from awk system command

Hi, When i use the system( ) function inside a awk, i am getting the ouput with a 0 appended in a new line. Can someone guide me to eliminate the extra line containing 0. Ex : awk -F"|" '{print system("convert.sh" $1}' The output is displayed with 0 in a new line. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muruganksk
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Netapp filer details - command?

What command can I use to find out details about a netapp filer. I have a directory that is a filer i would like to know details about the source host/folder that it points to. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
libssh2_sftp_read(3)						  libssh2 manual					      libssh2_sftp_read(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_read - read data from an SFTP handle SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> ssize_t libssh2_sftp_read(LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE *handle, char *buffer, size_t buffer_maxlen); DESCRIPTION
handle is the SFTP File Handle as returned by libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) buffer is a pointer to a pre-allocated buffer of at least buffer_maxlen bytes to read data into. Reads a block of data from an LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE. This method is modelled after the POSIX read(2) function and uses the same calling semantics. libssh2_sftp_read(3) will attempt to read as much as possible however it may not fill all of buffer if the file pointer reaches the end or if further reads would cause the socket to block. RETURN VALUE
Number of bytes actually populated into buffer, or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2_sftp_read(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_read(3)