Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Explain applications files (newcomer) Post 302916978 by j_writer on Friday 12th of September 2014 07:47:59 PM
Old 09-12-2014
Explain applications files (newcomer)

I just upacked a bz2 file and got the following:

Code:
Jebs-Mac-mini:OXED jeb$ tar xvjf 0xED.tar.bz2 
x 0xED.app/
x 0xED.app/Contents/
x 0xED.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/
x 0xED.app/Contents/Info.plist
x 0xED.app/Contents/MacOS/

I assume the "x" means the files and directories were unpacked. These files don't appear in the OS X interface.

1. Where on my system are these files located and how can I see them with the Apple interface?

2. The 0xED.app file does show up but when I try to open it, nothing happens.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Newcomer, I'm new..

Okay, I'm new on the damn forum and I don't know how I'd concentrate more on it. I keep pointing my mouse onto multiplayer games and I want to know how I can direct my mind and my mouse on the Unix topics here at the Unix forum. Where should I start from? Tips forum? Newbie forum? Any sites to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yyz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. AIX

can anyone explain this?

this is the mksys b script.... can anyone explain .. what # and 1 in if condition this is the first line of the script... it is not from middle of the script.... if then echo "Not enough parameters, need a client name for mksysb" Usage="Usage: $0 <client name>" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Could anyone help explain this?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have a retake assignment to complete for my computer networks and OS class. This isn't really my area, had I known last year I could have swapped it for a different module I would have done so. I'm determined to get through it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squall Moogle
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain this

cat $BDDATA/svucon$i_bal_dup_email.dat ; uuencode $dup_in $dup_out here svucon$i_bal_dup_email.dat ??? and uuencode ?? Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Newcomer

Hi All, I'm a stranger to Ubuntu (I'm one of the millions who never even saw it). My question is "Can I learn it (atleast in a month or so)?". Yes, I can run dual OS but still, is Ubuntu as user-friendly as Windows? PS : Is the "Ubuntu has no virus issue" thing a myth or a fact? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a Perl newcomer! Transposing data from columns to rows

I have to create a Perl script which will transpose the data output from my experiment, from columns to rows, in order for me to analyse the data. I am a complete Perl novice so any help would be greatly appreciated. The data as it stands looks like this: Subject Condition Fp1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarah_W
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux applications finding their files

Hi, I read a way back about how LLd (linux-loader) or execve are not actually given a complete file name to find a file ;my guess a configuration file, but instead do some guessing and processing to figure out which one to load into memory. I have also read where a program that loads the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies
Plack::Builder(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Plack::Builder(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Builder - OO and DSL to enable Plack Middlewares SYNOPSIS
# in .psgi use Plack::Builder; my $app = sub { ... }; builder { enable "Deflater"; enable "Session", store => "File"; enable "Debug", panels => [ qw(DBITrace Memory Timer) ]; enable "+My::Plack::Middleware"; $app; }; # use URLMap builder { mount "/foo" => builder { enable "Foo"; $app; }; mount "/bar" => $app2; mount "http://example.com/" => builder { $app3 }; }; # using OO interface my $builder = Plack::Builder->new(); $builder->add_middleware('Foo', opt => 1); $app = $builder->mount('/app' => $app); $app = $builder->to_app($app); DESCRIPTION
Plack::Builder gives you a quick domain specific language (DSL) to wrap your application with Plack::Middleware subclasses. The middleware you're trying to use should use Plack::Middleware as a base class to use this DSL, inspired by Rack::Builder. Whenever you call "enable" on any middleware, the middleware app is pushed to the stack inside the builder, and then reversed when it actually creates a wrapped application handler. "Plack::Middleware::" is added as a prefix by default. So: builder { enable "Foo"; enable "Bar", opt => "val"; $app; }; is syntactically equal to: $app = Plack::Middleware::Bar->wrap($app, opt => "val"); $app = Plack::Middleware::Foo->wrap($app); In other words, you're supposed to "enable" middleware from outer to inner. INLINE MIDDLEWARE
Plack::Builder allows you to code middleware inline using a nested code reference. If the first argument to "enable" is a code reference, it will be passed an $app and is supposed to return another code reference which is PSGI application that consumes $env in runtime. So: builder { enable sub { my $app = shift; sub { my $env = shift; # do preprocessing my $res = $app->($env); # do postprocessing return $res; }; }; $app; }; is equal to: my $mw = sub { my $app = shift; sub { my $env = shift; $app->($env) }; }; $app = $mw->($app); URLMap support Plack::Builder has a native support for Plack::App::URLMap with "mount" method. use Plack::Builder; my $app = builder { mount "/foo" => $app1; mount "/bar" => builder { enable "Foo"; $app2; }; }; See Plack::App::URLMap's "map" method to see what they mean. With builder you can't use "map" as a DSL, for the obvious reason :) NOTE: Once you use "mount" in your builder code, you have to use "mount" for all the paths, including the root path ("/"). You can't have the default app in the last line of "builder" like: my $app = sub { my $env = shift; ... }; builder { mount "/foo" => sub { ... }; $app; # THIS DOESN'T WORK }; You'll get warnings saying that your mount configuration will be ignored. Instead you should use "mount "/" => ..." in the last line to set the default fallback app. builder { mount "/foo" => sub { ... }; mount "/" => $app; } Note that the "builder" DSL returns a whole new PSGI application, which means o "builder { ... }" should normally the last statement of a ".psgi" file, because the return value of "builder" is the application that actually is executed. o You can nest your "builder" block, mixed with "mount" (see URLMap support above): builder { mount "/foo" => builder { mount "/bar" => $app; } } will locate the $app under "/foo/bar" since the inner "builder" block puts it under "/bar" and it results a new PSGI application which is located under "/foo" because of the outer "builder" block. CONDITIONAL MIDDLEWARE SUPPORT
You can use "enable_if" to conditionally enable middleware based on the runtime environment. See Plack::Middleware::Conditional for details. SEE ALSO
Plack::Middleware Plack::App::URLMap Plack::Middleware::Conditional perl v5.14.2 2012-05-17 Plack::Builder(3pm)