Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help using argc/argv in assignment Post 302916932 by miniviking10 on Friday 12th of September 2014 02:40:17 PM
Old 09-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
That's exactly what "\n" does inside a double-quoted string, yes.

Did you alter it in any way or double up the backslashes, etc? It really ought to work as-is.
It works when I just use the command as "./helloWorld" ...but when I use "./helloWorld John" , it outputs: "Hello John!n" and yea, I definitely have it exactly as you put it. Didn't alter it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using argv argc

I searched on the forums. No advises. I am using a previous source code. I changed the main function main(int argc, char **argv) in a function misc(int argc, char **argv). How do you use the argc and argv parameters? This is how I am calling the function : char param; strcat(param,"wgrib ");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akeson Chihiro
4 Replies

2. Programming

dbx debugger + argv[argc]

Is it possible to use the dbx debugger with the CL options for the executable ? Say you have created a executable called myfunc which can take string arguments at run-time. You run it like this ./myfunc Hello World where Hello and World are the string arguments My question is whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Programming

help for argv argc

Hi C experts, I have the following code for adding command line option for a program int main (argc, argv) int argc; char *argv; { char *mem_type; //memory type char *name; //name of the memory int addr; //address bits int data; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
5 Replies

4. Programming

Building an argc/argv style structure from a string (char*)

Hello All, First post. I've been struggling with the following: Given a char* string, I need to construct an "int argc, char *argv" style structure. What I'm struggling with most is handling escaped-whitespace and quotes. e.g. the string: char *s = "hello world 'my name is simon'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbarwise
10 Replies

5. Programming

ARGV help in C

Hi, Can somehelp help how to list file in a dir? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
5 Replies

6. Programming

help with C, argv

when i run my program, i have a parameter, that i want to set the value to another string i am using int main(int argc, char **argv) { char my_str=argv; printf("%s",my_str); return 0; } and i get Segmentation fault ran using ./my_prog /usr/share/dict/words hello1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ARGV and ARGC in bash 3 and bash 3.2

Hi Folks, I've prepared a shell script that takes action based on arguments and number of arguments..sample code like: ARGV=("$@") ARGC=("$#") case ${ARGV} in abc) if ; then ...... else printf "\nInvalid number of arguments, please check the inputs and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

argc/ argv in awk

Hi guys, i'm trying to solve this problem. I have to run something like cat file1.txt | awk -f script.awk 10 if i'm in the awk script, how can i take the parameter :10 ??:wall: i try something like : BEGIN{ var=argv } {..} END{..} but obviously is not correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ARGV how to use it?

So i am trying to read in file readFile <GivenFile> modFile looking for a regular file under the directories in the GivenFile and print them out is my over all goal. basically I am looking for anything that looks like a directory in the given file and printing it out. Since I am trying to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squidGreen
2 Replies
UNAFS(8)                                                      System Manager's Manual                                                     UNAFS(8)

NAME
unafs - script to warn users about their weak passwords SYNOPSIS
unafs password-files cell-name DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the unafs command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The unafs tool gets password hashes out of the binary AFS database, and produces a file usable by John. SEE ALSO
john(8), mailer(8), unique(8), unshadow(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 UNAFS(8)