Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help using argc/argv in assignment Post 302916913 by blackrageous on Friday 12th of September 2014 01:14:02 PM
Old 09-12-2014
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
        char *message = "Hello ";
        printf("%s ", message);

if(argc == 2)
{
       printf("%s!\n", argv[1]);
}
else
{
        printf ("world!\n");
}

return 0;

}

This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using argv argc

I searched on the forums. No advises. I am using a previous source code. I changed the main function main(int argc, char **argv) in a function misc(int argc, char **argv). How do you use the argc and argv parameters? This is how I am calling the function : char param; strcat(param,"wgrib ");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akeson Chihiro
4 Replies

2. Programming

dbx debugger + argv[argc]

Is it possible to use the dbx debugger with the CL options for the executable ? Say you have created a executable called myfunc which can take string arguments at run-time. You run it like this ./myfunc Hello World where Hello and World are the string arguments My question is whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Programming

help for argv argc

Hi C experts, I have the following code for adding command line option for a program int main (argc, argv) int argc; char *argv; { char *mem_type; //memory type char *name; //name of the memory int addr; //address bits int data; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
5 Replies

4. Programming

Building an argc/argv style structure from a string (char*)

Hello All, First post. I've been struggling with the following: Given a char* string, I need to construct an "int argc, char *argv" style structure. What I'm struggling with most is handling escaped-whitespace and quotes. e.g. the string: char *s = "hello world 'my name is simon'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbarwise
10 Replies

5. Programming

ARGV help in C

Hi, Can somehelp help how to list file in a dir? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
5 Replies

6. Programming

help with C, argv

when i run my program, i have a parameter, that i want to set the value to another string i am using int main(int argc, char **argv) { char my_str=argv; printf("%s",my_str); return 0; } and i get Segmentation fault ran using ./my_prog /usr/share/dict/words hello1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ARGV and ARGC in bash 3 and bash 3.2

Hi Folks, I've prepared a shell script that takes action based on arguments and number of arguments..sample code like: ARGV=("$@") ARGC=("$#") case ${ARGV} in abc) if ; then ...... else printf "\nInvalid number of arguments, please check the inputs and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

argc/ argv in awk

Hi guys, i'm trying to solve this problem. I have to run something like cat file1.txt | awk -f script.awk 10 if i'm in the awk script, how can i take the parameter :10 ??:wall: i try something like : BEGIN{ var=argv } {..} END{..} but obviously is not correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ARGV how to use it?

So i am trying to read in file readFile <GivenFile> modFile looking for a regular file under the directories in the GivenFile and print them out is my over all goal. basically I am looking for anything that looks like a directory in the given file and printing it out. Since I am trying to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squidGreen
2 Replies
CATANH(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 CATANH(3)

NAME
catanh, catanhf, catanhl - complex arc tangents hyperbolic SYNOPSIS
#include <complex.h> double complex catanh(double complex z); float complex catanhf(float complex z); long double complex catanhl(long double complex z); Link with -lm. DESCRIPTION
The catanh() function calculates the complex arc hyperbolic tangent of z. If y = catanh(z), then z = ctanh(y). The imaginary part of y is chosen in the interval [-pi/2,pi/2]. One has: catanh(z) = 0.5 * (clog(1 + z) - clog(1 - z)) VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
C99. EXAMPLE
/* Link with "-lm" */ #include <complex.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { double complex z, c, f; if (argc != 3) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s <real> <imag> ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } z = atof(argv[1]) + atof(argv[2]) * I; c = catanh(z); printf("catanh() = %6.3f %6.3f*i ", creal(c), cimag(c)); f = 0.5 * (clog(1 + z) - clog(1 - z)); printf("formula = %6.3f %6.3f*i ", creal(f2), cimag(f2)); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
atanh(3), cabs(3), cimag(3), ctanh(3), complex(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2011-09-15 CATANH(3)