Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Fire V245 patching issue
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Fire V245 patching issue Post 302916890 by gull04 on Friday 12th of September 2014 11:27:16 AM
Old 09-12-2014
Hi,

You can try the following;

From the ok prompt "boot -F" or "boot -F failsafe" - if you are able to get the M/C up and running it looks like the FCA's need a firmware upgrade and they may not work on the upgraded version without it.

However if the box boots in failsafe mode you should have some more information on the diagnostic output. In which case you'll have to follow the advice.

Regards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Fire v1280 is crashing

I still haven't got an answer to this question... Excerpt from My SysAd Blog A colleague of mine is having a problem with a Sun Fire v1280 server crashing. He tried Googling for the error message in red but hasn't found anything yet. Your insights would be greatly appreciated. "cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esofthub
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 keeps shutting down

Hello, I hope you can help me. I am new to Sun servers and we have a Sun Fire v440 server in which one power supply failed, we are waiting for new one. But now our server is shutting down constantly. Is there any setting with which we can prevent this behaviour? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tibor
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun-Fire V440 boot disk issue

Hi, I have Sun Fire V440. Boot disks are mirrored. system crashed and it's not coming up. Error message is Insufficient metadevice database replicas located. Use Metadb to delete databases which are broken. Boot disks are mirrored and other disks are ZFS configuration. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire 4800 is not powering-on

I switched on the power to the server. But, the server did not power on i.e., none of the 3 LEDs on the front panel is lighted. (Power supplies are showing only amber LEDs with "Ready to remove" sign). I tried to turn on the power supplies via System Controller menu (platform shell), but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solind
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

8. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun fire x2270

Hello, I have purchaced an old SUn fire x2270 server . I wanted to make ILOM upgrade to the latest version of software : ILOM 3.0.9.18.a r126592 BIOS vers. 2.09 Server 2.2.3 (10-Aug-2018) Because my version is very outdated. But i can't download the updatebecause it's require... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouisLakoute
4 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)