Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script To Delete User Accounts On Multiple Servers Post 302916863 by k45bryant on Friday 12th of September 2014 09:18:06 AM
Old 09-12-2014
The accounts that I am trying to delete are for users that are no longer with the company, so there should be no one logged in with these accounts. I have my jump server configured to use keys (instead of a password) to connect to the other servers via ssh. No jobs are running for any of these accounts they can be terminated with extreme prejudice. The home directories can also be deleted with no issue.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User add on multiple servers

I have 85 Unix servers & I need to add single user ID on multiple servers at same time Can anyone help in this? I have written one script for single servers.same I need to user for multiple servers #!/bin/sh echo Enter user login ID read loginID echo Enter Group ID read GroupID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_pan
6 Replies

2. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Shell script to create Multiple User Accounts

Hi All, Am New to shell scripting , Can u please Help me to Create a shell script which Creates Multiple Users (say up to 250 users) ,am using Rehat server 5 enterprise Edition .. I am really in need of this script So tat i can save time and effort for this Job .. KIndly help me Please ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksubash
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through the accounts and servers

Hi everyone, I am trying to use loop (for loop but can be any loop) which will read from the file (text file) which will have 2 column one for account and another for server which kind of look like this account1 server1 account2 server2 account3 server1 account4 server1 5 server3 6 server2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers

I am trying to write a script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers. My environment runs purely ssh / scp not rsh / rcp and therefore coping using rcp is not an option. I have been playing with expect to perform tasks but think there must be a better way. Has anyone got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stolz
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

user id creation of multiple servers

Need help in creating a user with passord in mulptiple solaris servers using a script.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prevent wrong user from using shell script for multiple remote servers

Hi, I am running a shell script from a central server to multiple remote servers using the following code: application_check() { # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login SERVERS=`cat /tmp/server-details` # SSH User name USR="user" # create new file > /tmp/abc.log # connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

New To UNIX - Need Script to create report of user & group accounts

Hi, I'm new to the world of UNIX and have been asked to create a complex script (at least complex to me:confused:) for AIX UNIX to create a report of all the users on the server including server, user, UID, groups, GID, etc. Found a script using lsuser, but the output is still lacking. 2 things I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panthur
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely?

Hello Experts, Need some direction on creating shell script for following environment: We have about 20 people in the team working as Oracle DBA's (sysdba's and appdba's). Total Servers which is a mix of Unix and Linux are 200. We do not have Root user access on any of the servers and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sha2402
3 Replies
SLIST(1)							       slist								  SLIST(1)

NAME
slist - Lists available NetWare Servers SYNOPSIS
slist [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
slist lists all NetWare Servers available in your network. If slist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the servers on your network by doing slist | wc -l OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only servers whose names match the specified pattern. For a server to be listed, the pattern must match the full server name. You can use wildcards for the pattern, but you must protect these wildcards from any command line expansion by quoting. Case doesn't matter. EXAMPLE
slist "I*" or slist "i*" List all available Netware servers on your Network, that begin with an "I". SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), nprint(1) CREDITS
slist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) BUGS
slist works only in IPX environment, as it uses SAP to find first server and then Bindery to get list of servers. slist 01/07/1996 SLIST(1)