Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set expire date for users
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Set expire date for users Post 302916734 by junior-helper on Thursday 11th of September 2014 03:11:45 PM
Old 09-11-2014
Try this corrected version, which is based on your own attempts:
Code:
ls /home > /root/Desktop/userslist

#empty LIST file
>/root/Desktop/LIST

for i in `cat /root/Desktop/userslist`
 do
 explist=`chage -l $i | grep "Account expires" | cut -d: -f2`
 echo "$i IS EXPIRE IN $explist" >> /root/Desktop/LIST
done

If it works, please use the while loop version, which is more appropriate for this task. It does the same as the for loop, but in a "cleaner" way:
Code:
ls /home > /root/Desktop/userslist

#empty LIST file
>/root/Desktop/LIST

while read user
 do
 explist=`chage -l $user | grep "Account expires" | cut -d: -f2`
 echo "$user IS EXPIRE IN $explist" >> /root/Desktop/LIST
done < /root/Desktop/userslist

This User Gave Thanks to junior-helper For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Set Password Never Expire

Hello I want to set the password for user never expire through the command line. For your information the box is running under Solaris 8 platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
2 Replies

2. Solaris

EUID set for all non-root users

We have a Solaris box. I noticed that whenever any non-root user logins into the box and issues the command id the output is (for example) uid=42568(sam) gid=1245(sam) euid=0(root) egid=2(bin). I have not given any privileges to anyone explicitly. When I issued ls -l in the /usr/bin directory I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

set password not to expire

Hi All, Is this true on chage command? -M, MAX_DAYS Passing the number -1 as MAX_DAYS will remove checking a password's validity. Does this means password will not expire anymore? Thanks for any comment you may add. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set system date to some date (Sunos)

I am testing a script and need to change the system date to Nov 30 2009. I cannot seem to find a way to do this other than TZ command but it does not seem to work correctly. I tried TZ=GMT+168 date but it is returning todays date Mon Dec 7 19:48:11 GMT 2009 ...instead of Nov 30 2009 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To set different file permissions for different users of same group

Hi, If User1, User2 and User3 are in the same group. User1 should not be able to view the files of User2 and User3. But User2 and User3 should be able to view all files. How to set permission for this. Please help. Thanks, Priya. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: banupriyat
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set sudo access to expire on given day\date?

Scenario: Admin wants to grant user temporary access to sudo that will expire on an arbitrary date\day. Say, after 10 days, sudo rights disappear automatically. I'm sure there's a way to hack something together with a script or cron job, but I was wondering if anyone has a package \ tool \ other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to set user password to never expire in UNIX servers

Hi, I have a requirement where in i need to write a shell script to set users password to never expire. I know the command which is used to perform the same .. which is chage command. But, could not figure out how to do the same in shell script. Could you please help me with the shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suren424
3 Replies

8. SCO

Cannot use 'date -t' to set the system date and time

Hi! All, I am trying to reset the date and time since the change in time over the weekend. I cannot issue the command date -t 201703131330. The system gives me an error invalid option. This happens on my SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and 5.0.6. Do anyone have an idea why? I even tried using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to set variable for users with no home directory?

Hi I need to set $HISTFILE for a user with no home directory. How to go about it because this user does not have a .profilefile. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Server::IMAP4::List - folder related IMAP4 answers SYNOPSIS
my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new ( folders => $folders # Mail::Box::Identity , inbox => $inbox # Mail::Box , delimiter => '#' ); my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(user => $user); print $imap->list(...); # for LIST command METHODS
Constructors Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(USER) Create a (temporary) object to handle the LIST requests for a certain user, based upon a set of folders. The data is kept by Mail::Box::Identity and Mail::Box::Collection objects, which mean that the folders will not be opened to answer these questions. -Option --Default delimeter '/' folders <from user> inbox <from user> user <undef> delimeter => STRING|CODE Either the constant delimiter, or a code reference which will get passed a folder name and should return the delimiter string used in that name. If that folder name is empty, the default delimiter must be reported. See delimiter() for an example. folders => OBJECT You need to specify either a set of folders explicitly or via the user. Some Mail::Box::Identity OBJECT is needed. inbox => BOOLEAN For now, only used to see whether there is an inbox, so a truth value will do. This may change in the future. By default, the flag is set if "$user-"inbox> is defined. user => OBJECT A Mail::Box::Manage::User OBJECT, representing the user who's folders must get reported. Attributes $obj->delimiter([FOLDERNAME]) Returns the delimiter string. The foldername is only required when a CODE reference was specified at initiation. example: setting-up an IMAP4 delimeter sub delim($) { my $path = shift; my ($delim, $root) = $path =~ m/^(#news.)/ ? ('.', $1) = $path =~ m!^/! ? ('/', '/') : ('/', ''); wantarray ? ($delim, $root) : $delim; } my $list = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(delimiter => &delim, ...); print $list->delimiter('abc/xyz'); # returns a / (slash) and '' print $list->delimiter('#news.feed'); # returns a . (dot) and $news. print $list->delimiter(''); # returns default delimiter $obj->folders() Returns the Mail::Box::Identity of the toplevel folder. $obj->inbox() Returns the Mail::Box or filename of the INBOX. $obj->user() Returns the Mail::Box::Manage::User object, if defined. IMAP Commands $obj->list(BASE, PATTERN) IMAP's LIST command. The request must be partially decoded, the answer will need to be encoded. example: using IMAP list my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(delimiter => &delim, ...); local $" = ';'; my @lines = $imap->list('', ''); # returns the default delimiter print ">@{$lines[0]}<"; # >(Noselect);/;< my @lines = $imap->list('#news',''); # specific delimiter print ">@{$lines[0]}<"; # >(Noselect);.;< my @lines = $imap->list('top/x/', '%'); print ">@$_<," foreach @lines; # >();/;/tmp/x/y<,>(Marked);/;/tmp/x/z< DETAILS
See RFC2060: "Internet Message Access Protocol IMAP4v1" sections 6.3.8 (LIST question) and 7.2.2 (LIST answer) SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)