Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking the file depending on the input variable Post 302916664 by netdbaind on Thursday 11th of September 2014 09:10:29 AM
Old 09-11-2014
Hi

yes it will be in minute.i.e 30 minute

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get variable input from a file

Hi guys, I want to input some variables from a file. I tried it with following script, for i in 1 2 3 4 do read varible1 varible2 < ddd.txt echo $varible1 $varible2 done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if file exists using a NOT operator and shell variable

Hi, I'm new to UNIX, at least shell programming and am having trouble figuring out a problem i'm having. In one section in my nested if statement, i want the program to test if the file does not exist, based on an argument supplied at the command line by the user. What i have is elif ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowlf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text into file depending on variable

Hey guys , i have a variable with the contents ... NUMBER=4 and a test file with the contents 1248 1213 1214 1278 1200 3045 3444 2130 I want to execute a script that will produce the following output ( based on NUMBER=4) to be ... create 1248 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theshams
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change variable name depending on iteration

Hi, I would like to get a solution to this situation if possible. In a "for" loop how can I assign a value to a variable and then change the name of that variable depending on the loop iteration? So what I am looking for is something like this in pseudo-code: for i in 1 2 3 4 do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yonderboy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write shell script for input file name format checking?

Hello, I had written a shell script that accepts input file as cmd line argument and process this file. if ; then if ; then . $1 LOGFILE="$LOG_FILE/MIG_BIOS.log"; get_input_file else ERROR_CODE=MSCRM0005_003 error "$ERROR_CODE : Input file $1 is not available"; exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a File and Using as an Input variable

I need to know how the the string constant from Input File should be read and provide as input data for the script . INPUT FILE CONST VARIABLE myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname1 myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname2 myname=/root/dir/syslog/myname3 urname=/root/dir/syslog/urname1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking users input to file

ok im sorta stuck on this, The user enters a car model and it has to check it in a text file in the current directory. If the car model is not in the file, user has to enter another model This is what i have so far read -p "Enter a car model: " car1 grep -w $car1=$(cat carMakes.txt)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML variable for input in same input file

Dear All , i stuck in one problem executing xml .. i have input xml as <COMMAND name="ARRANGEMENT.WRITE" timestamp="0" so="initial"> <SVLOBJECT> <LONG name="CSP_PMNT_ID" val="-1"/> <MONEY name="CSP_CEILING" amount="0.0" currency="AUD"/> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a non delimited file into columns depending on user input

I would like some advice on some code. I want to write a small script that will take an input file of this format 111222233334444555666661112222AAAA 2222333445556612323244455445454545 2334556345643534505435345353453453 (and so on) It will be called as : script inputfile X (where X is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyforbopi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't input large file to variable

I have a file that I'm trying to place into a variable. I've tried the following: DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` filez=$(cat /tmp/Test_$DATE.txt)DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` filez=$(</tmp/Test_$DATE.txt)DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` filez=$(`cat /tmp/Test_$DATE.txt`)None of these lines allows the file to go into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)