Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo issue
Operating Systems AIX Sudo issue Post 302916590 by guy3145 on Thursday 11th of September 2014 03:07:39 AM
Old 09-11-2014
Sudo issue

Hello!

I have this weird issue that started lately.
I'm login as normal user lets call it "guy" and I type the command:
Code:
sudo cat /etc/passwd

what happens next is this reply in the command line:
I'm not getting any prompt to enter password. (I don't have the "nopasswd" see the attachment image for the output:

How can I fix this? it was working before, the last thing that happen is a bad shutdown.

Thanks a lot
Sudo issue-aixjpg

Last edited by rbatte1; 09-11-2014 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags, capital letters and apostrophes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo permission issue

folks; How can i give a group a sudo permission to execute only some command "like start/stop Apache", so every user in that group can sudo to use this as himself, i mean when he tries to sudo, he will be asked for a password (and make it so he must use his own NT password not a generic one) then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in passing passwd to login into a sudo account

Hi Gurus, I have small issue... I used to pass the passwd for sudo commands like below, gzcat ~/passwd.gz | sudo su - <villin> >> eof ------ ----- ------ eof And it was able to login into "villin" sudo account successfully. But now, I'm using the same in another script for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo login issue

I logged in through ssh, but can't re-login as root. sudo login Arch login: root Password: Login incorrect Arch login: But I am sure my password is right. Why? But on local tty1, this works. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. AIX

issue with cd command on sudo

Hi admins, I have installed sudo in aix 5.3 and configured sudoers file.Every command is working fine with sudo except cd . If i give sudo cd /etc/security it returns nothing.There is no pwd change and no any error messages. sudo -l command returns all executables including cd. sudo ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

9. Linux

Sudo issue

Dear All, I wanted to execute sqlplus using another user instead of oracle user. I have given user AA sudo permissions in such a way that it can execute all oracle related files. when i try the below command from user AA ,it is not working. sudo -u oracle sh -c sqlplus Error 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sudo access issue

Hi, I have given access to user mwadmin in shudders file as : mwadmin ALL:NOPASSWD:/www/* /usr/* /opt/* However, not able to execute below command: sudo mkdir -p /usr/test password for mwadmin: Sorry, user mwadmin is not allowed to execute '/bin/mkdir -p /usr/test' as root. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
4 Replies
GKSU(1) 							   User Commands							   GKSU(1)

NAME
gksu - GTK+ frontend for su and sudo SYNOPSIS
gksu gksu [-u <user>] [options] <command> gksudo [-u <user>] [options] <command> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly gksu and gksudo gksu is a frontend to su and gksudo is a frontend to sudo. Their primary purpose is to run graphical commands that need root without the need to run an X terminal emulator and using su directly. Notice that all the magic is done by the underlying library, libgksu. Also notice that the library will decide if it should use su or sudo as backend using the /apps/gksu/sudo-mode gconf key, if you call the gksu command. You can force the backend by using the gksudo command, or by using the --sudo-mode and --su-mode options. If no command is given, the gksu program will display a small window that allows you to type in a command to be run, and to select what user the program should be run as. The other options are disregarded, right now, in this mode. OPTIONS
--debug, -d Print information on the screen that might be useful for diagnosing and/or solving problems. --user <user>, -u <user> Call <command> as the specified user. --disable-grab, -g Disable the "locking" of the keyboard, mouse, and focus done by the program when asking for password. --prompt, -P Ask the user if they want to have their keyboard and mouse grabbed before doing so. --preserve-env, -k Preserve the current environments, does not set $HOME nor $PATH, for example. --login, -l Make this a login shell. Beware this may cause problems with the Xauthority magic. Run xhost to allow the target user to open win- dows on your display! --description <description|file>, -D <description|file> Provide a descriptive name for the command to be used in the default message, making it nicer. You can also provide the absolute path for a .desktop file. The Name key for will be used in this case. --message <message>, -m <message> Replace the standard message shown to ask for password for the argument passed to the option. Only use this if --description does not suffice. --print-pass, -p Ask gksu to print the password to stdout, just like ssh-askpass. Useful to use in scripts with programs that accept receiving the password on stdin. --su-mode, -w Force gksu to use su(1) as its backend for running the programs. --sudo-mode, -S Force gksu to use sudo(1) as its backend for running the programs. SEE ALSO
su(1), sudo(1) gksu version 2.0.x August 2006 GKSU(1)