Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Special control characters in file Post 302916250 by srikanth38 on Monday 8th of September 2014 11:11:59 AM
Old 09-08-2014
Thank you Jim, i will check check sum with source and let you know how it goes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace Special characters in a file

Hi, I have a data like this in a file, 402003279034002000100147626030003300010000000000002000029000000 ær^M^\MÍW^H I need to replace those special char to some other char like # or $ Is there any ways to do it... I tried commands tr,sed and many but it was not able to replace because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solai
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with control file and special character

I am getting error when loading data file using ctl file. I get this error only when there is special character. Below is some data. DataFile=> company_id|ciu_id|english_name|iso_country_code|active|partner_name 1-2JT-122||Expert Järvenpää|FI|A|Expert Järvenpää Control File=> LOAD DATA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rshivarkar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there anyway to grep any special characters from a file ?

Is there any command or shell script to grep any special character from a file ? I have a huge file containing millions of user names; the requirement is to find names containing special characters. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat username.txt` do #COMMAND to grep special character done ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characters - Control M

I have developed a small script to remove the Control M characters that get embedded when we move any file from Windows to Unix. For some reason, its not working in all scenarios. Some times I still see the ^M not being removed. Is there anything missing in the script: cd ${inputDir}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File containing special characters

Hello All, I am facing challenges in order to transfer a file from windows to unix box,the file contains a special character '×' ,now when I am transferring the file from windows to unix that special character converted to something else like 'Ã' ,another thing I have noticed that the hardware is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prarat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute special Characters into a file

Hi experts :) I need to replace special characters into a file , in the followiing way : " --> "" ' --> '' _--> \_ I tried with the sed command but I'm getting and error ksh: $: not found. ksh: $: not found. sed: Function s/\/\/ cannot be parsed. Any idea ? Thanks , KOLAS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kolas79
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the control characters in a file?

Hello, How can I view control and special characters of a text file?. For example, space, tabs, new line chars etc. Can I use hexdump for it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Naming file with special characters ?

Hi all, I have a problem with file naming in linux. I have to create a file named like 11/22.csv but shell displays error: no such file or dir. Problem is / character in the file name. I searched unix linux naming concepts and it's restricted in OS. Please tell me if there's any other chance? OS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file containing special characters

I want to parse a file containing special characters, below is a sample content of file content of file : Serial_no:1$$@#first_name:Rahane$$@last_name:Ajiyenke@@#profession:cricketer!@#*&^ Serial_no:1$$@#first_name:Rahane$$@last_name:Ajiyenke@@#profession:cricketer!@#*&^... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajMjar
3 Replies
CheckDigits::M10_003(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M10_003(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M10_003 - compute check digits for ISMN SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $ismn = CheckDigits('ismn'); if ($ismn->is_valid('M-345-24680-5')) { # do something } $cn = $ismn->complete('M-345-24680'); # $cn = 'M-345-24680-5' $cd = $ismn->checkdigit('M-345-24680-5'); # $cd = '5' $bn = $ismn->basenumber('M-345-24680-5'); # $bn = 'M-345-24680' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. The 'M' as the first number gets the value 3. Beginning left all numbers are weighted alternatively 3 and 1. 2. The sum of all products is computed. 3. The sum of step 3 ist taken modulo 10. 4. The check digit is the difference between 10 and the number from step 3 taken modulo 10. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M10_003(3pm)