Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I save the result in a variable Post 302916219 by Makarand Dodmis on Monday 8th of September 2014 09:12:01 AM
Old 09-08-2014
try
Code:
salida=`echo $var | cut -d "." -f 1`

This User Gave Thanks to Makarand Dodmis For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save contents of a Variable

I want to save the contents of a variable to a file. How can that be achieved? I have tried with: echo $varname > textfile.txt but for some reason it does not print anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

save the HTML result

Hi all, I am displaying my result in HTML format using tables. I want to save the results in file in the same format along with the table only. How do i do that in perl? I have attached the table structure . I want to save like that itself . with regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Time" command and save result in a file.txt

Hi, I'am using "time" to check execution time of some script. Is there any possibility to save time command result into a file ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to save output result of a program into another new file...

Does anybody know any alternative way to save output result of a program into another new file? I got try the command below: program_used input_file > new_output_file program_used input_file >> new_output_file Unfortunately, both the ">" and ">>" is not work at this case to save the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output in a variable

Hi, I have a 3rd party tool on Solaris 8. I am running it thorugh my script but I am not able to capture its output into a variable. Like, I tried, but did not work. output=`/usr/bin/myTool` echo $output Also, I tried saving in a file but when I run, output is always shown on the... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to save an output of a command in a variable

Hi, in shell script, i have the command swstart -p which returns an output. i want to store the output of this command into a variable. how i can do that excerpt from the script #!/usr/bin/ksh # # # # Program: swstart -p # # Description: Starts the sentinels on Slave server ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and save result on a different file

Hi, If I type: ls -l *txt | awk '{print $8}' I get the file listing if I am in the directory. If I try to do the same from a job flow, doing also other things, I can't do ls -l directory/*txt | awk '{print $8}' > directory/result.txt or echo ls -l directory/*txt | awk '{print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: essemario
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solved: how to save an output to a variable

i want to save the output of /scripts/whoowns domain.com to a username like $user = /scripts/whoowns domain.com but I'm not sure how to do that This is inside a bash script how can I get the output of /scripts/whoowns then save that to a variable? thanks! ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to save a data of a file into a variable?

My requirement is to read a column data from a file & save it in a variable for each row & process it. I am using the below code- Leadlines="$TGTFILE/Error.txt">>$log_file while read line do id = ` echo $line | cut -d "," -f1 ` email = ` echo $line | cut -d "," -f2 ` ----------- done My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
2 Replies
fixadd(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixadd(3alleg4)

NAME
fixadd - Safe function to add fixed point numbers clamping overflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixadd(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be added with the normal '+' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 5035 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(-31000), itofix(-3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of adding `x' to `y', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixadd(3alleg4)