Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Steps to download and install UNIX in windows7 32 bit. Post 302916092 by Little on Sunday 7th of September 2014 04:18:50 AM
Old 09-07-2014
Steps to download and install UNIX in windows7 32 bit.

Can anyone tell the steps to download and install unix OS in windows 7 32 bit. I want to install unix and practice commands there. Any version is ok

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to download and install the following subsets to my UNIX system?

To install C++ complier to my UNIX workstation, I was asked to have the following subsets already in the OSF OSFBASEnnn OSFPGMRnnn OSFCMPLRSnnn OSFINCLUDEnnn CXLLIBAnnn OSFDCMTnnn Where could I find those subsets to load into my UNIX system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomen
0 Replies

2. SCO

Installation steps (request how to install UNIX)

Hello hey ppl I wanna use Unix SCO, and I have a Unix SCO 5.05 bootable CD. Now plz can any one help me or guide me the steps of Unix installation. I want to install myself so plz If anyone experts in Unix installation & knows simple configuration... so plz mail me or reply me here , step by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohsin
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Please,cannot install solaris 10 after download

I download sun solaris 10(sol-10-u5-ga-x86-dvd-iso-a), then I extract the file but I cannot install. after that I burn it to DVD than reboot the computer to make it install but it dosenot work. Please tell me how can I do:mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sackNumchai
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

5. Solaris

64 Bit SPARC Solaris 10 Install

I downloaded the iso image from here and burnt it on DVD. But when I tried installing it..it said boot device not availiable. Do I have to make it bootable? Is there any other component that I need to write on DVD other than the image? Moreover the DVD which I received from my admin for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New install, how to capture the steps?

Hi All, I am working on a new server Dell which I need to install RH version 6.1. I need to document every thing I do on this server, how do I capture screen shot as I do the install? I used to work on Sun Solaris, I can do this by connecting on COM port after that I had the console access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies

8. Linux

Steps to install RHEL 6.0

I wanted clarity on the steps to install RHEL 6.0. The steps are as follows:- 1) Download the ISO image from the Red Hat site. 2) Burn it into DVD. 3) Download boot.iso from Red Hat (Is this step required or ISO image can install RHEL 6.0 by itself?) 4) Start installation from DVD. Request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
netdisco-mibs-download - Downloader for the Netdisco MIB bundle VERSION
This document refers to version 1.0700 of netdisco-mibs-download DESCRIPTION
Run this program to download the Netdisco MIB files bundle from Sourceforge. If the download is successful, you can run the netdisco-mibs- install program to unpack and install them. If the download fails, you can visit the Netdisco Sourceforge downloads page, details of which are given by this program on failure, and get the bundle yourself. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the environment variable "MIBS_DEBUG" to a true value will display information about failed mirror site downloads. EXIT CODES
0 - Successful download 1 - Failed download, possibly no available mirror 2 - Program must be run as root, and you are not root 3 - Error regarding the download directory AUTHOR
Oliver Gorwits "<oliver@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) The University of Oxford 2007. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA perl v5.14.2 2012-08-15 NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)