Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare specific digit in number? Post 302916075 by wisecracker on Saturday 6th of September 2014 02:58:07 PM
Old 09-06-2014
Which OS and shell are you intending to use?

What have you attempted so far?

Is there always going to be a decimal point before the comparison checking?

But most of all please show what you have tried...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting 10 digit number from txt files

Hi, Was wondering if you could give me an example of extracting a 10 digit number from 5 txt files using a regular expression (the number is always different ) and storing the numbers in variables Thanks C19 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a 6 digit number retaining 0s on the left

i am new to shell scripting. i want to keep on increamenting a 6 digit number. For eg. 000000 + 1 = 000001 But instead of 000001 i get only 1. How do i do this ? Pls help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_cp
8 Replies

3. Programming

generating 16 digit random number in C

Hi, How can we generate 16 digit random nos in C. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
10 Replies

4. Programming

Find out 2^n+1 , where n is a 3 digit number

I have to write a c program which takes a 3 digit number n and calculates the value of (2^n)+1 and then determines the number is prime or not. I have tried to first calculate the value of 2^n and then adding one to it and then apply the logic of prime number. but the ultimate problem is that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrawal.prachi
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list all files containing 4 digit number using grep

how can i list all files in my home directory that have a 4 digit id number, the line number where the id is located and the id itself not printing the entire line? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobiwhenuknowme
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a number up to last significant digit after decimal point

I want to write/print a number through a shell script up to its last significant digit (LSD) after the decimal point. Say, x=10.00056000000000000 I want to print x as x=10.00056. Note that x can be any thing so I cannot know the position of the LSD always. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression for 6 digit number present in a line

Hello Team, i have a file test1.txt, in which i have to grep only the 6 digit number from it, Could you pls help in this. $cat test1.txt <description>R_XYZ_1.6 r370956</description> $ grep "\{6\}" test1.txt <description>R_XYZ_1.6 r370956</description> i need output as 370956. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add tab after digit in specific field in file

I am trying to add a tab after the last digit in $3 in the input. The grep below is all I can think off. Thank you :) sed -n 's/:/&/p' input input chr1 955542 955763AGRN-6|gc=75 chr1 957570 957852AGRN-7|gc=61.2 chr1 976034 976270AGRN-9|gc=74.5 desired output chr1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update specific value in file with match and add +1 to specific digit

I am trying to use awk to match the NM_ in file with $1 of id which is tab-delimited. The NM_ will always be in the line of file that starts with > and be after the second _. When there is a match between each NM_ and id, then the value of $2 in id is substituted or used to update the NM_. Each NM_... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Process only 4 digit odd number starting with zero

I am trying to process only IonCode_odd #'s (always 4 digits starting with zero), but the below isn't working as expected. Is there a better way? Thank you :). IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam.bai IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.fastq... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
stoi(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  stoi(9F)

NAME
stoi, numtos - convert between an integer and a decimal string SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> int stoi(char **str); void numtos(unsigned long num, char *s); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
str Pointer to a character string to be converted. num Decimal number to be converted to a character string. s Character buffer to hold converted decimal number. DESCRIPTION
stoi() The stoi() function returns the integer value of a string of decimal numeric characters beginning at **str. No overflow checking is done. *str is updated to point at the last character examined. numtos() The numtos() function converts a long into a null-terminated character string. No bounds checking is done. The caller must ensure there is enough space to hold the result. RETURN VALUES
The stoi() function returns the integer value of the string str. CONTEXT
The stoi() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. SEE ALSO
Writing Device Drivers NOTES
The stoi() function handles only positive integers; it does not handle leading minus signs. SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 stoi(9F)