Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems if the else end if
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems if the else end if Post 302916003 by junior-helper on Friday 5th of September 2014 04:45:46 PM
Old 09-05-2014
If the problem is really only that... try replacing ==with -eq
== is for string comparison, -eq for arithmetic test

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

end-end packet delay?

following is the output from traceroute traceroute 10.1.11.6 traceroute to 10.1.11.6 (10.1.11.6), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets 1 10.129.1.250 (10.129.1.250) 20.618 ms 0.335 ms 0.271 ms 2 192.0.20.1 (192.0.20.1) 0.694 ms 4.660 ms 0.422 ms 3 192.0.40.1 (192.0.40.1) 0.972 ms 1.917 ms 0.873 ms... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Looking for an end-to-end network diagnostic utility...

I am looking for a utility (Windows/Linux/Mac) that will allow me to run some test packets across a customer's network (between their client & my server) to identify a list of (or at least a guess of) all protocols and significant network settings that could adversely effect my systems performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)