Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications UNIX and Linux authentication middleware or tools Post 302915884 by cddyer on Friday 5th of September 2014 08:38:46 AM
Old 09-05-2014
Just so I understand, what is the problem you are trying to solve? Are you looking for a different vendor to provide multi-factor authentication or is there something more to the question?

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Cybersecurity

Two Factor Authentication – Best for the UNIX/Linux Server Security

The UNIX/Linux server security is challenging because these servers are at a risk of getting compromised at any point of time by the attackers. In today's enterprise environment, the UNIX and Linux servers are growing popular. With their increased popularity, these servers have become the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reve-secure
1 Replies
Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic - Simple basic authentication middleware SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; my $app = sub { ... }; builder { enable "Auth::Basic", authenticator => &authen_cb; $app; }; sub authen_cb { my($username, $password) = @_; return $username eq 'admin' && $password eq 's3cr3t'; } DESCRIPTION
Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic is a basic authentication handler for Plack. CONFIGURATION
authenticator A callback function that takes username and password supplied and returns whether the authentication succeeds. Required. Authenticator can also be an object that responds to "authenticate" method that takes username and password and returns boolean, so backends for Authen::Simple is perfect to use: use Authen::Simple::LDAP; enable "Auth::Basic", authenticator => Authen::Simple::LDAP->new(...); realm Realm name to display in the basic authentication dialog. Defaults to restricted area. LIMITATIONS
This middleware expects that the application has a full access to the headers sent by clients in PSGI environment. That is normally the case with standalone Perl PSGI web servers such as Starman or HTTP::Server::Simple::PSGI. However, in a web server configuration where you can't achieve this (i.e. using your application via Apache's mod_cgi), this middleware does not work since your application can't know the value of "Authorization:" header. If you use Apache as a web server and CGI to run your PSGI application, you can either a) compile Apache with "-DSECURITY_HOLE_PASS_AUTHORIZATION" option, or b) use mod_rewrite to pass the Authorization header to the application with the rewrite rule like following. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L] AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic(3pm)