Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Production Issue in AIX Oracle RAC [errpt output : DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS DETECTED IN THE NET] Post 302915856 by manjusharma128 on Friday 5th of September 2014 06:37:04 AM
Old 09-05-2014
Hi fpmurph,

For thanks for your reply and information.

you are correct. In our network, two server were having same MAC address (as mentioned in my previous post).

Below are the steps that we performed to resolve the issue:

->First network admin disable the port that is used by sql01 for MAC(all actiivty performed on one server at one time).

->Then we checked for duplicate error in Test01 server and test03 server.

->Error were not coming.

->Once n/w team enable the port again on sql01 server, then we again start recieving the same error on both sever.

->We tried to reboot both sql01 and sql03 server. But after when sql server comeup, error was still these.

->This time network admin tried to clear the ARP table for specific MAC address and we rebooted the sql01 server.

->View the errpt log in test01 server. Now we were not receiving "Duplicate IP detacted in net".

->Same step we followed for othese sql03 server and after another AIX server(test03) also was not receing error in errpt command.

->We check with our network team for reasoning.

->According to them, there was no issue with switch becuase switch only use to contain server MAC ans related IP address.

->That is the window server(sql01 and sql03 server) that was causing issue by generating same MAC address as AIX server.

->Still I am not sure about the reason which cause the sql machine to generate same MAC address.

->Last weekend window team did patching on Window server.

->Now our database and application are running fine.Smilie

Request you to all folks, if any one know baot the reason how window server can generate same MAC address as other machine or what are the situation, where this situation occure. Kindly update on this post.

Thnaks & Regards,

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle RAC on AIX

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX: Production email issue

Hello, system generated emails sent to users from production scripts within Aix arent going out. In the errpt -a output I see: _______________________________________________________ LABEL: SRC_SVKO IDENTIFIER: BC3BE5A3 Date/Time: Tue Mar 13 16:28:07 EDT 2012 Sequence... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_attribute command -n attribute [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_attribute - Manage node's attributes and cluster options. Allows node attributes and cluster options to be queried, modified and deleted. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -n, --name=value Name of the attribute/option to operate on Commands: -G, --query Query the current value of the attribute/option -v, --update=value Update the value of the attribute/option -D, --delete Delete the attribute/option Additional Options: -N, --node=value Set an attribute for the named node (instead of a cluster option). See also: -l -t, --type=value Which part of the configuration to update/delete/query the option in. Valid values: crm_config, rsc_defaults, op_defaults, tickets -l, --lifetime=value Lifetime of the node attribute. Valid values: reboot, forever -z, --utilization Set an utilization attribute for the node. -s, --set-name=value (Advanced) The attribute set in which to place the value -i, --id=value (Advanced) The ID used to identify the attribute -d, --default=value (Advanced) The default value to display if none is found in the configuration EXAMPLES
Add a new attribute called 'location' with the value of 'office' for host 'myhost': # crm_attribute --node myhost --name location --update office Query the value of the 'location' node attribute for host myhost: # crm_attribute --node myhost --name location --query Change the value of the 'location' node attribute for host myhost: # crm_attribute --node myhost --name location --update backoffice Delete the 'location' node attribute for the host myhost: # crm_attribute --node myhost --name location --delete Query the value of the cluster-delay cluster option: # crm_attribute --type crm_config --name cluster-delay --query Query the value of the cluster-delay cluster option. Only print the value: # crm_attribute --type crm_config --name cluster-delay --query --quiet AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)