Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep start and end line of each segments in a file Post 302915809 by Corona688 on Friday 5th of September 2014 12:14:57 AM
Old 09-05-2014
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lynx Grep Pattern Match 2 conditions Print from Start to End

I am working on a scraping project and I am stuck at this tiny grep pattern match. Sample text : FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. ABC Personal Planning Catherine K. Wat Cath Wat Catherine K. Wat Catherine K. Wat IFRAME:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkiran
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from a starting line till the end of the file

Hi Folks, I got to know from this forums on how to grep from a particular line say line 6 awk 'NR==6 {print;exit}' But how do i grep from line 6 till the end of the file or command output. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK-grep from line number to the end of file

Does anyone know how to use awk to act like grep from a particular line number to the end of file? I am using Solaris 10 and I don't have any GNU products installed. Say I want to print all occurrences of red starting at line 3 to the end of file. EXAMPLE FILE: red green red red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count start and end keyword in a line

Hello fellow awkers and seders: need to figure out a way to ensure a software deployment has completed by checking its trace file in which I can store the deployment results as follows: echo $testvar ===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start ===== ===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ux4me
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file by start and end row.

I have a file which looks something as following, I would like to split to several files, The start and end of each file is 'FILE' and end with 'ASCII... ' . At the same time for each file in the first column add 100 and also second column add 100 the rest of the column as it is , see example of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk2000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep after - til the end of the line

Hi, i need to cat a file after # till the end of the file usually ill do cat /etc/somthing | grep -A999999 # but its not that professional thanks edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags (or ICODE-tags) for code and data. Thank you. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
CREATE 
SCHEMA(7) SQL Commands CREATE SCHEMA(7) NAME
CREATE SCHEMA - define a new schema SYNOPSIS
CREATE SCHEMA schemaname [ AUTHORIZATION username ] [ schema_element [ ... ] ] CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION username [ schema_element [ ... ] ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE SCHEMA enters a new schema into the current database. The schema name must be distinct from the name of any existing schema in the current database. A schema is essentially a namespace: it contains named objects (tables, data types, functions, and operators) whose names can duplicate those of other objects existing in other schemas. Named objects are accessed either by ``qualifying'' their names with the schema name as a prefix, or by setting a search path that includes the desired schema(s). A CREATE command specifying an unqualified object name creates the object in the current schema (the one at the front of the search path, which can be determined with the function current_schema). Optionally, CREATE SCHEMA can include subcommands to create objects within the new schema. The subcommands are treated essentially the same as separate commands issued after creating the schema, except that if the AUTHORIZATION clause is used, all the created objects will be owned by that user. PARAMETERS
schemaname The name of a schema to be created. If this is omitted, the user name is used as the schema name. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system schemas. username The name of the user who will own the schema. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create schemas owned by users other than themselves. schema_element An SQL statement defining an object to be created within the schema. Currently, only CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE INDEX, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE TRIGGER and GRANT are accepted as clauses within CREATE SCHEMA. Other kinds of objects may be created in separate commands after the schema is created. NOTES
To create a schema, the invoking user must have the CREATE privilege for the current database. (Of course, superusers bypass this check.) EXAMPLES
Create a schema: CREATE SCHEMA myschema; Create a schema for user joe; the schema will also be named joe: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION joe; Create a schema and create a table and view within it: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood CREATE TABLE films (title text, release date, awards text[]) CREATE VIEW winners AS SELECT title, release FROM films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; Notice that the individual subcommands do not end with semicolons. The following is an equivalent way of accomplishing the same result: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood; CREATE TABLE hollywood.films (title text, release date, awards text[]); CREATE VIEW hollywood.winners AS SELECT title, release FROM hollywood.films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard allows a DEFAULT CHARACTER SET clause in CREATE SCHEMA, as well as more subcommand types than are presently accepted by PostgreSQL. The SQL standard specifies that the subcommands in CREATE SCHEMA can appear in any order. The present PostgreSQL implementation does not handle all cases of forward references in subcommands; it might sometimes be necessary to reorder the subcommands in order to avoid forward references. According to the SQL standard, the owner of a schema always owns all objects within it. PostgreSQL allows schemas to contain objects owned by users other than the schema owner. This can happen only if the schema owner grants the CREATE privilege on his schema to someone else. SEE ALSO
ALTER SCHEMA [alter_schema(7)], DROP SCHEMA [drop_schema(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE SCHEMA(7)