Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Validate mountpoints on solaris server after server reboot Post 302915713 by VenkatReddy786 on Thursday 4th of September 2014 11:08:16 AM
Old 09-04-2014
Hi Ravinder Singh
Thanks for prompt responce. I know how to check manually with df command, but i want to validate with shell scripting. I am at basic level. Coould you please help on how to write shell script for this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Reboot Alert

I want to get an email alert from a cronjob when a server got rebooted unexpectedly. Please help. Thanks! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angloi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

server reboot

hi all, :) for a reboot of sun box for patch installation i would like to know where do the reboot logs apart from /var/adm/messages and patch run messages would be available, i would like to know the sequence of messages logged in the file like requesting the users to log out sending a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remotely administer/validate UNIX server via Windows machine?

Hi there--I think this is more of a Windows question, but I think many of you might be able to help me out: I have a UNIX web server and a Windows machine. I'm trying to script the following tasks so that they can be run from the Windows machine (via a batch file): 1. Shutdown web services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohungry73
5 Replies

4. AIX

IP setting changes after server reboot

I've recently changed my gateway setting using SMIT. Everything went fine except that the gateway setting kept reverting back to the old one everytime I reboot the server. I'm on AIX 5.2 running p-Series. Thanks for any info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereklow
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Do I need to reboot Solaris 10 server for changes in /etc/systems ?

Hi, I have upgraded my Solaris 10 2005 to Solaris 10 2007. I am facing one bug, id: 6550904. To override this issue I have done following changes in /etc/systems: set max_uheap_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_ustack_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_privmap_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_shm_lpsize =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying directories from NT server to Unix server (solaris 5.8)

I need to copy around 30 directories (each directory include one or more text file(s)) from NT server to Unix server at one go. For doing this what are the privillages i should have in both NT and Unix server. Please let me know which command i can use in shell prompt. TIA. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Reboot the server through console

Hi All, I want to know the procedure like if server is down, i want to reboot the server through console ($rsc or $sc prompt).Could you please help me out. I would really appreciate your cooperation. thanks for understanding regards krishna (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
5 Replies

8. Linux

Linux server reboot

We reboot our linux servers daily. Is it needed ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server reboot

Hi, The server got rebooted and below messages can be seen in /var/log/messages Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: Call Trace: <IRQ> <ffffffff80167420>{__alloc_pages+796} Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: <ffffffff80182814>{kmem_getpages+106} <ffffffff80183c16>{fallback_alloc+304}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)