Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error when using vim to open files Post 302915689 by gull04 on Thursday 4th of September 2014 09:26:55 AM
Old 09-04-2014
Hi,

Then you'll need to use a properly configured bashrc file to suit the bourne shell.

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance pls - pipe error: Too many open files in system

When I run a bash script in the customer system, it throws the warning and script exits Exec '/root/sample.sh' @ hostname-- OK (warn) /root/sample.sh: pipe error: Too many open files in system /root/sample.sh: n + : syntax error: operand expected (error token is " ") Exec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyamirra
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder

Is there a way to use Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder? For example if i have a folder with Apples1.txt, Apples2.txt, Apples3.txt, could I rename all files so they are Oranges1.txt, Oranges2.txt, Oranges3.txt ? I know with :bufdo %s/apples/oranges/g|update you can do this for inside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VimNewUser
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

VI/VIM ERROR ^Z

Dear Unix user, I'm using putty 0.60 (on Windows Vista) to connect by ssh protocol to other Linux computer. I have a problem with VI/VIM. When I key button "n" or "b", it returns me n^Z or b^Z. What could the problem be?! Thanx a lot, Maria Elena (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesana
0 Replies

5. Linux

VI/VIM ERROR ^Z

Dear Unix user, I'm using putty 0.60 (on Windows Vista) to connect by ssh protocol to other Linux computer. I have a problem with VI/VIM. When I key button "n" or "b", it returns me n^Z or b^Z. What could the problem be?! Thanx a lot, Maria Elena (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI/VIM ERROR ^Z

Dear Unix user, I'm using putty 0.60 (on Windows Vista) to connect by ssh protocol to other Linux computer. I have a problem with VI/VIM. When I key button "n" or "b", it returns me n^Z or b^Z. What could the problem be?! Thanx a lot, Maria Elena (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

how to open ~/.vim/ in 10.6

I have MacOSX 10.6, I cannot open this more than 24hours, Google is also not helpful. pubxx-xxx:~ xxx$ cd ~/.vim -bash: cd: /Users/xxx/.vim: No such file or directory pubxx-xxx:~ xxx$ PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c_lady
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Two Files, Possibly with VIM

Hello, I have a problem comparing two files, both .csv. One file, let's call it files.csv, contains a list of thousands of file names for models of molecules that have made it through an optimization process. The other file, formulas.csv, contains file names for the same kind of models, and has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuart Ness
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window, vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
3 Replies
DIRCOLORS(1)								FSF							      DIRCOLORS(1)

NAME
dircolors - color setup for ls SYNOPSIS
dircolors [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
Output commands to set the LS_COLORS environment variable. Determine format of output: -b, --sh, --bourne-shell output Bourne shell code to set LS_COLORS -c, --csh, --c-shell output C shell code to set LS_COLORS -p, --print-database output defaults --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If FILE is specified, read it to determine which colors to use for which file types and extensions. Otherwise, a precompiled database is used. For details on the format of these files, run `dircolors --print-database'. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for dircolors is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and dircolors programs are properly installed at your site, the command info dircolors should give you access to the complete manual. dircolors (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 DIRCOLORS(1)