Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Versioned WPAR's
Operating Systems AIX Versioned WPAR's Post 302915665 by firefox111 on Thursday 4th of September 2014 07:42:39 AM
Old 09-04-2014
Hi bakunin,

I totally agree.

The problem is, one of our customers needs to run old AIX5.2 and 5.3 Systems on P7 Hardware (applications do not run on AIX6 or AIX7). The only way to do this is to use the versioned WPAR's. And after all he wants these applications to be highly available Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmpget not working on AIX shared wpar

Hi, I have a shared AIX wpar configured. I have started snmpd process on shared AIX wpar. But when i tried to query a MIB id using the following command /opt/OV/bin/snmpget -d -v 1 -c public -p <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.7.0 i get the following error message #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avazeer
0 Replies

2. AIX

Unexpected Behaviour with WPAR

Hello, We have a system running AIX 6.1.7.1. We have created a Workload Partition(wpar) on this system with wpar specific routing enabled. On wpar, we are running DNS (UDP/53) and syslog (UDP/514). en0: 1.1.1.1/255.255.255.0 NOT assigned to any wpar en1:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 03sep2011
0 Replies

3. AIX

Virtualization: WPAR vs LPAR

seems to be WPAR is quite easy to set up..without additional licenses.. If I don't need Linux and all my legacy and new apps are happy in AIX 7.1 (the latest OS), I could save all troubles and use WPAR. Can someone comment on this ?? One copy of OS to maintain, so to speak.. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All, This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPAR,DLPAR and WPAR

Can anyone please let know difference between LPAR/DLPAR/WPAR. and its purpose ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavithran
3 Replies

6. AIX

Wpar network,i'm confused

Hi. I've setup a wpar on aix mkwpar -h ibmunix2 -i -r -N interface=en0 address=10.6.0.1 netmask=255.255.255.0 -n ibmunix2 When i log into ibmunix2 it can't ping any external host,include the ibm host. How to set route for network please? I've set ibmunix2 with a different subnet. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

7. AIX

How to Load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension in a versioned "rootvg" WPAR ?

Anyone running CICS TX in a WPAR ? In my attempts to run CICS TX 5.1.0.1 in a WPAR..... CICS fails to start due to unable to load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension. The Kernel Extension is 64 bit (so not a 32 vs 64 bit issue). Base system/LPAR is Power8 and AIX 7.1 TL3 SP5. WPAR is versioned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
4 Replies

8. AIX

No iscsi available in newly created AIX wpar

AIX 7.1 New to WPAR, hopefully just missing something simple here. Creating the WPAR like this..... (The box where the WPAR is hosted does have an iscsi protocol device) mkwpar -h wpar08 -l -n wpar08 -N interface=en0 address=xxx.xx.xx.xxx netmask=255.255.255.0 -D devname=/dev/iscsi0 -D... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomR
0 Replies

9. AIX

Error doing clogin into a wpar

I have this error when I'm trying to do clogin from AIX 7200-00-00-0000 into a wpar with AIX 5.2 abanksPaDesa2:/> clogin AbanksBDPA_wpar exec: A file or directory in the path name does not exist somebody can help me to fix this? I'm restoring the wpar from wpar mksysb not a mksysb from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandra25350
2 Replies
solstice(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      solstice(1M)

NAME
solstice - access system administration tools with a graphical user interface SYNOPSIS
/bin/solstice DESCRIPTION
solstice used on a system presents the Solstice Launcher, a graphical user interface that provides access to the Solstice AdminSuite prod- uct family of system administration tools. The tools that appear in the launcher depend on what Solstice products you installed on your system. Help is available by using the Help button. USAGE
The Solstice Launcher allows you to do the following tasks: Launch applications Use the Solstice Launcher to launch system administration tools. Register applications Use the Solstice Launcher to add and register applications locally with the launcher. Remove applications Use the Solstice Launcher to remove locally registered applications. Customize application properties Use the Solstice Launcher to show, hide, or remove applications in the launcher, reorder the icons, change the launcher window width, modify applications properties, and add applications. FILES
/$HOME/.solstice_registry Local registry information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsadml | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
soladdapp(1M), soldelapp(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The Solstice Launcher adds or removes local applications that are private to the user (not local to the system) only. The properties of globally registered applications that are used by local and remote users sharing the software from a particular /opt directory cannot be modified from the Solstice Launcher. To register global applications for use by local and remote users, use the soladdapp(1M) command. To remove globally registered applications, use the soldelapp(1M) command. SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 1995 solstice(1M)