Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file Post 302915522 by dejavo on Wednesday 3rd of September 2014 02:58:50 PM
Old 09-03-2014
<div class="video_container" data-errors="/videos/1149/view_errors" data-fallback-file="http://s3.amazonaws.com/learnmath-app.production/0bbbe7abce1523ee6b4e82b115d0b6fa67331779-video-1149/web.mp4" data-file="http://dxdo2x6i0oxgk.cloudfront.net/0bbbe7abce1523ee6b4e82b115d0b6fa67331779-video-1149/web.mp4" data-poster="http://dxdo2x6i0oxgk.cloudfront.net/0bbbe7abce1523ee6b4e82b115d0b6fa67331779-video-1149/web-default-33.png" data-views="/videos/1149/views"><p id="video_tag_29315">Loading the player...</p><div class="captionbox"><div class="captionbox-body"><span class="phrase" data-begin="1.84" data-end="9.04">

There's more text actually. But its too long This is the relevant part. Rest is just formatted html text

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract some specific text file urgent pls

i have a big text file . i want to create new file as extract some specific text from the big file i am using hp ux please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific pattern from a file

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell Scripting. I have a File The Server Name XXX002 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD Iface Id Link MTU Side ecc_3_1 4 Up 512 User ecc_3_2 5 Up 512 User The Server Name XXX003 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern? I have text file having various xml many tags like which starts with the tag "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" . I have to break the whole file into several xmls by looking for the above pattern. All the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line

I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. eg: 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 50000.000 19 19 3.69797533E-07 871.66394 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Specific pattern - log file

Hello everyone, I am on AIX (6.1). I can only use shell (ksh) script. I can't do this on my own, so will do my best to explain my needs.I also do not know what is the best idea to make it work, so here is what I am thinking, but I may wrong. I need help to extract info on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match all lines in file where specific text pattern is less than

In the below file I am trying to grep or similar, all lines where only AF= is less than 0.4.. Thank you :). grep grep "AF=" ,+ .4 file file 12 112036782 . T C 34.0248 PASS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename text file with a specific pattern in directory

I am trying to rename all text files in a directory that match a pattern. The current command below seems to be using the directory path in the name and since it already exists, will not do the rename. I am not sure what I am missing? Thank you :). Files to rename in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep - search a file for lines containing a given pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [-elnsv] pattern [file] ... OPTIONS
-e -e pattern is the same as pattern -c Print a count of lines matched -i Ignore case -l Print file names, no lines -n Print line numbers -s Status only, no printed output -v Select lines that do not match EXAMPLES
grep mouse file # Find lines in file containing mouse grep [0-9] file # Print lines containing a digit DESCRIPTION
Grep searches one or more files (by default, stdin) and selects out all the lines that match the pattern. All the regular expressions accepted by ed and mined are allowed. In addition, + can be used instead of * to mean 1 or more occurrences, ? can be used to mean 0 or 1 occurrences, and | can be used between two regular expressions to mean either one of them. Parentheses can be used for grouping. If a match is found, exit status 0 is returned. If no match is found, exit status 1 is returned. If an error is detected, exit status 2 is returned. SEE ALSO
cgrep(1), fgrep(1), sed(1), awk(9). GREP(1)