Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file Post 302915518 by dejavo on Wednesday 3rd of September 2014 02:44:53 PM
Old 09-03-2014
That did not work. Maybe my problem needs more description. There's a lot of text before and after the pattern. And the pattern itself repeats on other lines. I need to limit the processing to the 241st line and extract text starting and ending with the specified patterns. The 241st line always begins with <div class="video_container" data-errors="/videos/1149/view_errors" data-fallback-file="http://www.site.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract some specific text file urgent pls

i have a big text file . i want to create new file as extract some specific text from the big file i am using hp ux please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific pattern from a file

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell Scripting. I have a File The Server Name XXX002 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD Iface Id Link MTU Side ecc_3_1 4 Up 512 User ecc_3_2 5 Up 512 User The Server Name XXX003 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern? I have text file having various xml many tags like which starts with the tag "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" . I have to break the whole file into several xmls by looking for the above pattern. All the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line

I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. eg: 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 50000.000 19 19 3.69797533E-07 871.66394 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Specific pattern - log file

Hello everyone, I am on AIX (6.1). I can only use shell (ksh) script. I can't do this on my own, so will do my best to explain my needs.I also do not know what is the best idea to make it work, so here is what I am thinking, but I may wrong. I need help to extract info on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match all lines in file where specific text pattern is less than

In the below file I am trying to grep or similar, all lines where only AF= is less than 0.4.. Thank you :). grep grep "AF=" ,+ .4 file file 12 112036782 . T C 34.0248 PASS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename text file with a specific pattern in directory

I am trying to rename all text files in a directory that match a pattern. The current command below seems to be using the directory path in the name and since it already exists, will not do the rename. I am not sure what I am missing? Thank you :). Files to rename in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
GIT-GREP(1)							    Git Manual							       GIT-GREP(1)

NAME
git-grep - Print lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
git grep [-a | --text] [-I] [-i | --ignore-case] [-w | --word-regexp] [-v | --invert-match] [-h|-H] [--full-name] [-E | --extended-regexp] [-G | --basic-regexp] [-F | --fixed-strings] [-n] [-l | --files-with-matches] [-L | --files-without-match] [-z | --null] [-c | --count] [--all-match] [-q | --quiet] [--max-depth <depth>] [--color[=<when>] | --no-color] [-A <post-context>] [-B <pre-context>] [-C <context>] [-f <file>] [-e] <pattern> [--and|--or|--not|(|)|-e <pattern>...] [--cached | --no-index | <tree>...] [--] [<pathspec>...] DESCRIPTION
Look for specified patterns in the tracked files in the work tree, blobs registered in the index file, or blobs in given tree objects. OPTIONS
--cached Instead of searching tracked files in the working tree, search blobs registered in the index file. --no-index Search files in the current directory, not just those tracked by git. -a, --text Process binary files as if they were text. -i, --ignore-case Ignore case differences between the patterns and the files. -I Don't match the pattern in binary files. --max-depth <depth> For each <pathspec> given on command line, descend at most <depth> levels of directories. A negative value means no limit. -w, --word-regexp Match the pattern only at word boundary (either begin at the beginning of a line, or preceded by a non-word character; end at the end of a line or followed by a non-word character). -v, --invert-match Select non-matching lines. -h, -H By default, the command shows the filename for each match. -h option is used to suppress this output. -H is there for completeness and does not do anything except it overrides -h given earlier on the command line. --full-name When run from a subdirectory, the command usually outputs paths relative to the current directory. This option forces paths to be output relative to the project top directory. -E, --extended-regexp, -G, --basic-regexp Use POSIX extended/basic regexp for patterns. Default is to use basic regexp. -F, --fixed-strings Use fixed strings for patterns (don't interpret pattern as a regex). -n Prefix the line number to matching lines. -l, --files-with-matches, --name-only, -L, --files-without-match Instead of showing every matched line, show only the names of files that contain (or do not contain) matches. For better compatibility with git diff, --name-only is a synonym for --files-with-matches. -z, --null Output instead of the character that normally follows a file name. -c, --count Instead of showing every matched line, show the number of lines that match. --color[=<when>] Show colored matches. The value must be always (the default), never, or auto. --no-color Turn off match highlighting, even when the configuration file gives the default to color output. Same as --color=never. -[ABC] <context> Show context trailing (A -- after), or leading (B -- before), or both (C -- context) lines, and place a line containing -- between contiguous groups of matches. -<num> A shortcut for specifying -C<num>. -p, --show-function Show the preceding line that contains the function name of the match, unless the matching line is a function name itself. The name is determined in the same way as git diff works out patch hunk headers (see Defining a custom hunk-header in gitattributes(5)). -f <file> Read patterns from <file>, one per line. -e The next parameter is the pattern. This option has to be used for patterns starting with - and should be used in scripts passing user input to grep. Multiple patterns are combined by or. --and, --or, --not, ( ... ) Specify how multiple patterns are combined using Boolean expressions. --or is the default operator. --and has higher precedence than --or. -e has to be used for all patterns. --all-match When giving multiple pattern expressions combined with --or, this flag is specified to limit the match to files that have lines to match all of them. -q, --quiet Do not output matched lines; instead, exit with status 0 when there is a match and with non-zero status when there isn't. <tree>... Instead of searching tracked files in the working tree, search blobs in the given trees. -- Signals the end of options; the rest of the parameters are <pathspec> limiters. <pathspec>... If given, limit the search to paths matching at least one pattern. Both leading paths match and glob(7) patterns are supported. EXAMPLES
git grep time_t -- *.[ch] Looks for time_t in all tracked .c and .h files in the working directory and its subdirectories. git grep -e '#define' --and ( -e MAX_PATH -e PATH_MAX ) Looks for a line that has #define and either MAX_PATH or PATH_MAX. git grep --all-match -e NODE -e Unexpected Looks for a line that has NODE or Unexpected in files that have lines that match both. AUTHOR
Originally written by Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org[1]>, later revamped by Junio C Hamano. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. torvalds@osdl.org mailto:torvalds@osdl.org 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-GREP(1)