Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Include information in certain columns using grep and awk Post 302915479 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 3rd of September 2014 09:41:38 AM
Old 09-03-2014
@owwow14 there is no N in the third column. There is in the 4th and 5th column but this is inconsistent with your sample output. Please clarify..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / grep / Prints all columns except the first one

I have the a file with the following data. File Content. 1249 snf06.3.0 sw version 1.1 code MD5 192F MD4 MD3 1248 sns06.3.0 sw version 1.1 code MD5 192F MD12 1250 sns06.3.0 sw version 1.1 code MD5 192F0\ MD8 1241 sns06.3.0 sw code MD5 19 1243 sn06.3.0 sw version 1.1 code MD5 19 12... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why does tar sometimes include directory information?

hi, say I have dirA/file1 dirB/file2 and I tar them up, and then do zcat Tar.tar | tar tvf - Sometimes I will see: dirA/ dirA/file1 dirB/ dirB/file2 yet other times I will see (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display output as columns using grep/awk/sed

I have several files with say something like cat sparrow I can grep for "cat" and "sparrow" and usually the output is one below the other cat sparrow How can I view these as columns say Pets Birds cat sparrow Would be great if this can be on command line using awk or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (gawk) grep & columns

Hi, I'm working with gawk (on DOS) today. A goal is: find a string for-instance '123', cut a line in two columns and write second one. The problem is: command line works OK, awk file doesn't. But I would like to work with file because there are many strings to find. input: line command: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/awk to only print lines with two columns in a file

Hey, Need some help for command to print only lines with two columns in a file abc 111 cde 222 fgh ijk 2 klm 12 23 nop want the ouput to be abc 111 cde 222 ijk 2 Thanks a lot in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to include two more columns in the file using awk

Hi, I have a input file with many records as below: 1J4RR4GG0BC508200 68646 1 N M i want my output file to be like with columns included dgismdh and timestamp : Example: 1J4RR4GG0BC508200 68646 1 N M dgismdh 2012-02-21 07:22:25.98591 How to do it.can we do using awk? Pls help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use less pipe for grep or awk sed to print the line not include xx yy zz

cat file |grep -v "xx" | grep -v "yy" |grep -v "zz" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include information and change column order while maintaing white spaces

I need to change the order of the columns of data that looks like this: The original data is in 6 tab-separated columns. FACTSHEET factsheet NN 1 5 DEP WHAT what WP 2 3 SBJ IS be VBZ 3 1 NMOD AIDS AIDS NP ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owwow14
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk / grep to extract information from log

Hi all, I have a query that runs that outputs data in the following format - 01/09/12 11:43:40,ADMIN,4,77,Application Group Load: Name(TESTED) LoadId(5137-1-0-1XX-15343-15343) File(/dir/dir/File.T03.CI2.RYR.2012009.11433350806.ARD) InputSize(5344) OutputSize(1359) Rows(2) Time(1.9960)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)