Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable substitution in array printing Post 302915441 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 3rd of September 2014 06:28:16 AM
Old 09-03-2014
If you want to print it your will need to again use eval:
Code:
eval "printf '%s\n' \"\${${oc}[@]}\""

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array help (variable substitution).

I am using an array (clmlist01). I have 61 of these and have 4 or more references to each one in a block of code that I do not want to have to hardcode. With that being said, I am creating a varible and going through a for loop to create the actually name of each array. The arrays would end up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Printing Inline

Dear friends , The output file of below script Pls#!/bin/sh awk '{ bo = substr($0,13,3) slm = substr($0,150,8) slo = substr($0,175,7) inc = substr($0,97,10)/100 busi = substr($0,83,10) mth = substr($0,39,2) yer = substr($0,35,4) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky array substitution in functions

Hello, Please tell me if there is a better way to get the number of elements from an array that is passed to a function. This is what works on Solaris 8 (ksh) but it looks odd: loop_array() { array_name=$2 b1='\${\#' b2='}' nr_elements=`eval echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array reference - bad substitution

I've created a series of arrays named as follows: row1 row2 row3 . . . row10 Each has 4 elements. I'm trying to echo the array elements out in a for loop. Here's what I have: for ((i=1;i<=10;i++)) do for ((j=1;j<=4;j++)) do eval out=${row`echo $i`} echo -n $out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swankgd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable Substitution

Hi , I have a variable as follows, Temp=`cat ABC.txt | cut -c5-` This will yeild a part of the date. say , 200912. I would like to substitute this variable's value in a filename. eg: File200912F.zip when i say File$TempF.zip , it is not substituting. Any help ? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution in a file dont work with an Array in filename

Hi. I´ve a script that should substitude the 8th line in a file called xxx.num6. The "xxx" is set by an array filled with this command: j=0 for Par in *.sys ; do Par=`echo $Par | sed 's/\(.*\).sys/\1/'` ; Par2="$Par" ; echo "${Par2}" j=$((j + 1)); done Now i try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lock3
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variable with command substitution in variable

For example I have variable like below echo $OUTPUT /some/path/`uname -n` when I try to use the variable OUTPUT like below cd $OUTPUT or cd ${OUTPUT} I am getting bad substituion error message $ cd $OUTPUT ksh: cd: bad substitution $ cd ${OUTPUT} ksh: cd: bad substitution ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajukv
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing array elements

Is there a way to print multiple array elements without iterating through the array using bash? Can you do something like... echo ${array}and get all those separate elements from the array? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with array substitution

Hello all, I have following piece of code which is working fine if executed standalone - date=$1 set -A max_month 0 31 28 31 30 31 30 31 31 30 31 30 31 eval $(echo $date|sed 's!\(....\)\(..\)\(..\)!year=\1;month=\2;day=\3!') (( year4=year%4 )) (( year100=year%100 )) (( year400=year%400 ))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
7 Replies
eval(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  eval(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
eval - Evaluate a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
eval arg ?arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Eval takes one or more arguments, which together comprise a Tcl script containing one or more commands. Eval concatenates all its argu- ments in the same fashion as the concat command, passes the concatenated string to the Tcl interpreter recursively, and returns the result of that evaluation (or any error generated by it). Note that the list command quotes sequences of words in such a way that they are not further expanded by the eval command. EXAMPLE
This procedure acts in a way that is analogous to the lappend command, except it inserts the argument values at the start of the list in the variable: proc lprepend {varName args} { upvar 1 $varName var # Ensure that the variable exists and contains a list lappend var # Now we insert all the arguments in one go set var [eval [list linsert $var 0] $args] } KEYWORDS
concatenate, evaluate, script SEE ALSO
catch(1T), concat(1T), error(1T), list(1T), subst(1T), tclvars(1T) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl eval(1T)